- Experience in an academic or non-academic research healthcare organization, grants management, pre-award and/or post-award experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
- Experience with Research Administration (pre-award and/or post award) strongly preferred.
- Assist Principal Investigators in developing grant proposals.
- Advise Principal Investigator and authorized signers regarding potential risks, prepare and collate subcontract documents and if applicable, ensure documents are in compliance with Uniform Guidance terms and conditions and other required federal regulations.
- Meet with Principal Investigator regularly to provide one-on-one personalized service and to collect and build administrative components of proposal.
- Assist in developing proposal budget in line with budget justification and commensurate with sponsor and Nemours policies.
- Assemble complete application and perform preliminary review to ensure error-free submission.
- Work with Principal Investigator to refine proposals for resubmission, if necessary.
- Manage funded projects, including Clinical Trials, in compliance with Nemours policies and standard operating procedures; when applicable, with consideration to external audits according to OMB (Office of Management and Budget), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and other federal and state guidelines.
- Create study set up and award management
- Responsible for post-award services including, day-to-day budget financial management, analyze agreements and grant awards to determine administrative restrictions.
- Review and monitor subcontracts; create and maintain records of Research Subcontracts (RSUB) Purchase Orders (PO) for subrecipient PI invoice review and approval.
- Partner with Post-Award Accounting and Research Finance on study set-up and financial reporting as well as closeout.
- Ensure timely submission of the technical progress reports or deliverables by principal investigators in accordance with grant guidelines or contract provisions
- Serve as a first line resource for Principal Investigator pre-award, award management, and post-award services.
- Notify stakeholders of completed submissions, financial status, concerns, close-outs, etc.