You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Operations Specialist role is responsible for the following:
- Supporting the coordination of the operational aspects of ongoing projects, resource planning, management of factory performance metrics, and serve as the liaison between program management and the project team.
- The Operations Specialist will help resolve project issues and will support the Operations Program Manager to meet all Business and contract objectives.
- Tasks include supporting the identification of material constraints and establishing potential and actual material requirements based on factory demands.
- Ensuring that all supported programs meet the delivery schedule and cost performance in accordance with the goals outlined by the Business.
- Support the introduction of new process improvements to Operations or the Factory.
- Support the identification and tracking of obsolete material across the different programs.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, engineering, operations, business, supply chain management or other related field.
- 2+ years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to obtain secret clearance.
Pursuant to a specific U.S. Government contract, selected individual must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.