SUPERVISOR: Facility Administrator
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the OR.
- Communication skills must be a strong asset.
- Collaborate with: Anesthesia, Material Managers, Other Department Managers, Administrator, Physicians, Physician Offices, Scheduling, Vendors, Reps, Medical Students and Residents.
- Back up Circulator in the OR as needed.
- Participate in periodic inspections as necessary with Quality/Risk Management/Infection Control/Administrator/Life Safety. Completes Incident Reports as indicated. Participates in writing/performing QIP studies. Collaborate with the IC/QA/RM Nurse.
- Monitor and control staff schedules as needed in the absence of the OR Charge Nurse.
- Schedule/conduct and assist with recruitment and training of staff as well as discipline of staff.
- Provide information/education from the corporate level and the center level to the OR staff in the Monday a.m. huddle.
- Oversee Inventory of supplies in collaboration with MM.
- Maintain operating policy and procedures as defined by Surgery Partners.
- Monitor and control staff schedules in collaboration with the OR Charge Nurse.
- Timecard verification of OR staff weekly for payroll. Collaborate with the Payroll Specialist.
- Perform annual reviews of all OR staff.
- Standing: 66-100
- Sitting: 0-33
- Walking: 66-100
- Lifting: 0-50lbs. as needed
- Carrying: 0-25lbs. as needed
- Pushing: 0-400lbs. on wheels with assistance as needed
- Climbing: 1-5 flights of stairs as necessary
- Pulling: As necessary while providing patient care
- Bending: Proper bending necessary to pick things off the floor
- Squatting: As necessary while providing care
- Rotating: Shoulders as necessary
- Kneeling: If necessary while providing patient care
- Reaching: overhead while providing patient care
- General comments: Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to provide patient care.
- Inside: 95-100
- Outside: 0-5
- Temperature: 30F-115F
- Fumes: Occasional
- Dust: Occasional
- Gases: None
- Odors: Occasional
- Mist: Occasional
- Radiation: Occasional
- Noise or Vibrations: Biomedical equipment, needles, sharps, copy machine, phones, latex, disinfectants, etc.
- Hazards: Occasional contact with communicable disease, electrical equipment, etc.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Provided (gowns, gloves, masks, head cover).
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.