Join one of the nations most comprehensive academic medical centers, UChicago Medicine, as an Oracle Cloud ERP Functional Analyst (Payroll). This is a remote, work from home opportunity and you may be based outside of the greater Chicagoland area.
The Payroll Functional Analyst will perform application configuration, set up and testing of the Oracle Payroll Application. This includes providing ongoing support and testing for business processes, reports and integrations between Oracle and other internal and external applications.
The Payroll Functional Analyst will review business requirements received from business stake holders to document a functional design that can be transformed into a technical specification. This will include detailed analysis of the business request, documenting the users requirements and evaluate system recommendations. The Functional Analyst will base their recommendation on Oracle industry best practices and consider potential implications of the technology stack.
The Payroll Functional Analyst will also assist with assessment, testing, and preparation for the Oracle quarterly releases. This will include performing an impact analysis for new features or bug fixes that are presented in quarterly releases to understand the impact to the UCM Oracle Cloud environment. This position will require close collaboration withing the Oracle support team to develop and execute test scripts to evaluate the updates for a release.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Strong IT knowledge in application management and overall Oracle Payroll business processes
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to handle pressure and maintain a professional attitude and demeanor in both normal and pressure situations
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform impact assessment, regression test and document test cases for Quarterly releases.
- Resolve incidents, implement enhancements and other application solutions, set-up new Oracle features/functionality.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and complete functional validation and regression testing for all upgrades, incidents, and enhancements. Ensure that all related documentation is updated appropriately.
- Lead discussions with business stakeholders to understand business challenges and recommend process/application solutions.
- Complete work and tasks related to environment refresh plans with a high degree of quality.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business or equivalent relevant certification in healthcare, business management, or information systems
- 1 or more years of work experience with Oracle Cloud in one or more modules: Human Capital Management, Benefits, Payroll, or related application
- Subject Matter Expert in the HCM stack and Payroll processing
- Experience working with Oracle Global Support
- Experience using Service Now Incident Management tools
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience in working with a small team that can complete tasks and work in a project and production environment
- Oracle Cloud certification in HCM or Payroll modules
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Information Systems
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Remote Status: Full Time Remote
Must comply with UCMCs COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Why Join Us
Weve been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment with patients and with each other. Were in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If youd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, were doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and .
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at:
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.