Do you have a passion for transforming businesses and cultures through people-focused strategies? Do you craft and deliver quality solutions in business transformation areas, including talent strategy, change adoption, organizational design, culture strategy, and human capital transformation? Slalom's Organizational Effectiveness practice enables our clients to bring out the best in their people to support strategic business outcomes. We are seeking forward-thinkers with a strong organizational effectiveness background to join our New York City team!
What You'll Do
- Operate with a strong client-focus to drive real business benefits
- Design and execute customized Change Management strategies fit for each client/program
- Conduct change readiness and stakeholder assessments to understand the current organizational landscape, potential challenges and change drivers within a client organization
- Identify potential points of resistance and performance gaps, and work with the client to develop and implement corrective actions
- Create and execute strategic communications strategies and plans
- Partner with clients to design optimal operating models, org structures and processes to drive efficient and productive workforces
- Implement agile and lean practices to create effective client teams that are strategic, efficient, and cohesive
- Develop training plans and materials the drive user adoption of new programs/technologies
- Position yourself with the client as a partner and OE expert to build and maintain relationships
- Support internal Slalom initiatives (e.g. Business Development, Recruiting)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in change adoption, talent optimization and/or organizational transformation is required
- Previous experience in a management consulting environment or with project-based internal work is preferred
- Worked on cross-functional project teams comprised of members with diverse skill sets (e.g., Program Managers, Business Functional Leaders, User Experience Designers, Software Engineers/Architects, etc.)
- Proven experience in large-scale, complex business transformation and/or technology adoption efforts
- Demonstrated personal ownership and accountability for project results
- Ability to provide creative and innovative solutions to complex business problems
- Proven ability to communicate to audiences of all levels
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Ability to work independently, think strategically, and with proven diagnostic ability
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom'steams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed byregional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized byemployees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.