Part Time Universal Banker
Position: Universal Banker
Purpose: This position is accountable for the delivery of exceptional customer service through the efficient managing of customer interactions. It assumes a role in developing new customer relationships as well as enhancing existing relationships. Position will be required to travel within assigned floater area as needed. Occasional travel outside of assigned floater area may be required to meet business needs.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
1. Handle a variety of transactions using own count money, and cross sell bank services. Exercise independent judgment with close supervision. Refer questionable transactions to Head Teller.
Receive commercial and individual checking and savings deposits, verify cash and endorsements and issue receipts.
Cash checks, verify endorsement, validity and availability of funds.
Pay savings withdrawals after verifying balance and signature.
Accept payments (i.e. installment loan, charge card, personal line of credit, etc.)
Maintain accurate records of official checks and bonds.
Work night drop bags and mail receipts, process all mail envelopes.
Sell official checks
Redeem bonds and bond coupons upon desk approval.
Retain custody of operating cash.
Prepare change orders for customers.
Assist with answering telephones.
Sell and cross-sell bank services.
2. Attends to the needs of customers and prospective customers on banking matters.
Recommends, explains, and opens new deposit accounts for customers.
Opens and closes safety deposit boxes.
Maintains confidentiality of customer accounts.
Handles customer complaints related to the Banks services, explains service charges, and follows through on misdirected items or errors.
Researches and resolves customer problems by serving as a liaison between the customer and the appropriate bank area.
Answers inquiries and provides information on various accounts, loan balances, and other banking services.
Ensures on-going sales, service, and product knowledge, training and self-development.
3. Provides notary public service.
4. Perform a variety of related clerical functions such as: sorting, counting, and wrapping currency and coins, verify straps, maintain records of transactions, balance deposits and cash drawers.
5. Know the procedures for using the on-line computer terminal system and understand how the entry of date affects not only the individual accounts but the entire system.
6. Serve customers in a cordial manner to encourage satisfaction with service.
7. Perform a variety of miscellaneous duties to assist with the work of the department (i.e. 24 Hour Banking and night deposit).
8. Comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
9. Adheres to limited transaction limits.
10. Complies with all bank and personnel policies and procedures.
11. Complete periodic training provided and/or required by Colony.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of Teller school provided by Colony.
1. Previous teller experience required.
2. Previous banking experience - preferred.
1. A thorough knowledge of teller procedures or general bank operations.
2. Understand bank policies and procedures.
3. Have a thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
4. Have the ability to effectively handle all routine and complex transactions at the branch.
5. Knowledge of up-to-date loan compliance policies and procedures.
1. General clerical and math skills.
2. Must present a professional image in dealing with customers, interdepartmental and external representatives.
3. Perform duties with considerable speed and accuracy.
4. Sales and service skills; demonstrated ability to positively persuade customers and to identify and satisfy their needs.
5. Ability to coordinate a high level of activities in a variety of conditions.
6. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
7. Ability to handle information of confident nature.
8. Ability to adhere to deadlines and tight schedules.
9. Ability to use various office equipment, including, computer, e-mail, internet, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
10. Have a high degree of interpersonal skills, attitude, judgment, communication and the ability to effectively interact with customers and employees.
11. Ability to exercise personal and professional responsibility and work with limited direction.
12. Demonstrate a Team attitude at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Females / Disables / Veterans / Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: 8382147639593383087
LaGrange, Georgia Jobs
Personal Financial Advisors Jobs