At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments, ensuring medical necessity compliance, verifying eligibility, and posting payments.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years of experience in a hospital or customer service setting
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient typing/keyboarding skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Schedules patient appointments and enters required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
- Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by collecting patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options and screening for eligibility.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required timeframes.
- Posts payments in the computer system and generates the appropriate patient receipts.
- Monitors, reviews and resolves patient account issues on assigned reports.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with Physicians, ancillary departments, nursing units, physicians’ office staff, insurance companies, as well as patients and their families ( all Patient Access customers). Completes thorough and accurate documentation.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.