Patient Care Technician (PCT)
Location: Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Main Campus
Unit: 5 South, Medical/Surgical Post Surgical
Full Time (36 hours weekly)
12 hours shifts
Who Are We…
St. Vincent is the leading faith-based health care system in Indiana and is a part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What St. Vincent has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: St. Vincent provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 134 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At St. Vincent, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare’s toughest challenges.
What Our Critical Care Units have to offer...
- Level II Trauma Center: St. Vincent Evansville is classified as a Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons - Committee of Trauma for both Adults and Pediatrics.
- Unique Environment: Critical Care is a fast paced work environment that offers a tremendous amount of education and support to care for the most critically ill patients in a 100 mile radius.
- Teamwork Oriented: Critical Care units pride themselves on a teamwork mentality. The staff work together to ensure they are providing the best care possible.
- Specialized Care: The St. Vincent Evansville Critical Care units give special attention to a broad spectrum of system illness such as Neuro, Cardiac, Trauma, Medical, Respiratory, GI, Renal. Nurses are trained in utilizing specialized equipment that are not used in other areas of the hospital. Equipment such as Impella, IABP, ECMO, CRRT, and Ventilators.
What You Will Do
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintain medical equipment.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals — in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more — and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all — especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.