It's More Than a Job, It's a Calling!
Position: Patient Representative
Location: Advocate Medical Group (AMG); Downers Grove, IL.
Full Time; Day Shift
- Hours are: Monday thru Friday from 9:30 AM until 6:00 PM
To provide efficient, effective, quality customer service and practice support through a variety of general office duties including scheduling, coding, registration and billing. Maximize revenues by collecting payment at time of service and entering accurate and up~to~date billing information (address, insurance coverage, etc.) into the patient accounting system. Assists clinical staff in maintaining accurate medical records.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Required to pass 6 week MSO training program immediately after hire to be assigned to a practice.
- 2-3 years customer service experience in a high~volume, high~stress environment.
- Experience handling difficult caller/customers/patients.
- Experience handling several tasks at once without mistakes or diminution of professional demeanor and customer service.
- CRT/PC experience in a customer service setting.
- Working knowledge of the BAR and scheduling sections of the IDX system preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems posed by callers seeking referrals, appointments, billing issues and clinical information.
- N/A Ability to function in a high volume, multiple~task environment, possibly in a crowed or closely shared work space.
- Exposure to ill patients.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions with demanding customers.
- Possible travel to various AMG practice sites or to ancillary settings for practicums, training programs and/or temporary assignment.
If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
- Patient Services: Provides efficient, high~quality service to patients who arrive for appointments or who telephone or visit in person to request appointments or information on tests and procedures, bills and charges, referrals, and other matters.
- Billing Services: Ensures the collection of maximum possible fees at the time of service and accurate follow~up billing information on the patient and payer.
- Medical Record Services: Upholds standards of the practice and of the medical group for accurate and timely medical records.