Patient Safety Officer - Bloomington Jobs Near Me
|Location||Hindsboro, Illinois, 61930|
Job Description:The Patient Safety Officer is responsible for forward facing initiatives around Patient Safety and organizational quality. The PSO is responsible for leading and/or oversight of organization programs as well as departmental projects and teams that support DNV ISO-9001 quality management systems standards relative to patient safety. Leads and supports quality and safety performance improvement initiatives and teams, and data analysis and reporting including reporting for collaborative and other programs (e.g. IHA etc.). Assists with development and/or review/revision of policies and procedures for quality, patient safety and performance improvement. Rounds in patient care areas to support staff and champion Patient Safety. Leads MDRs, RCAs, and other high level meetings to assure patient safety principles are embedded in all levels of the organization.
- Serves as a DNV ISO-9001 auditor.
- Serves on Patient Safety related committees and facilitate, chair or serve on organization committees as assigned.
- Recommend and facilitate change within the organization to improve patient safety based on identified risks.
- Develop a mechanism for internal communication of patient safety related information.
- Monitor, update, facilitate and/or support quality and safety performance improvement initiatives and teams.
- Manage/coordinate, and/or support the quality, patient safety and performance improvement programs across the organization.
- Incorporate risk, quality, performance improvement and patient safety principles into assigned activities and workflow.
- Serve as mentor to develop skills for department staff relative to quality, safety, performance improvement and related functions.
- Assist with educational programs regarding principles of quality, safety and performance improvement.
- Assist with the development and/or revision of policies, procedures and protocols related to quality, safety and performance improvement
- Provide timely and accurate reports, graphical data displays and/or presentations to appropriate individuals, committees, groups or agencies.
- Utilize EMR and other appropriate computer programs as necessary to complete job responsibilities.
- Conduct, report and/or support Root Cause Analysis (RCA); Multidisciplinary Reviews (MDR), and assists with implementation of established action plans.
- Utilize established processes and audit tools to monitor/follow-up and report outcomes relative to RCA, MDR, quality and patient safety activities.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Leadership, physicians, directors/managers and staff to improve safe care.
- Facilitates daily Safety Call reporting for ambulatory and inpatient sites
- Facilitates Root Cause Analyses (RCA), Apparent Cause Analysis (ACA) and Multidisciplinary Reviews (MDR) when needed for serious reportable safety events or serious safety events
- Serves as point of contact for event reporting system
- Monitors, analyzes, and trends all unanticipated occurrences and provides feedback to leadership
- Leads Patient Safety related organization-wide safety initiatives
- Debriefing of Adverse Events
- Patient Safety focused rounding
- Develops and provides education to team members on patient safety and just culture theories and methodologies
Job ID: 1247863317126221713
Hindsboro, Illinois Jobs
Occupational Health and Safety Technicians Jobs