Responsible for the daily integration of non-clinical support services at the unit level and ensuring that expected level of service is provided in a consistent and timely manner, as directed by Head Nurse. Monitors patients’ immediate physical environment for cleanliness, adequacy of supplies, and maintenance needs. Assesses, through direct interaction on a daily basis, the patient's current level of satisfaction with the non-clinical components of the hospital experience.
- Greets patients and significant others upon arrival. Directs patients and visitors to the appropriate area. Acts as liaison between the Operating Room, PACU and significant others while patient is in the Operating Room or PACU: Gathers information about patient status. Provides reassurance to patient/visitors. Immediately communicates clinical concerns to clinical team member.
- Covers some responsibilities of the unit receptionist and/or nursing attendant, as needed.
- Coordinates patient visitor, ensuring patient's privacy. Accompanies individuals, as needed.
- Assists patients in accessing hospital services not directly available at the unit level.
- Attends and actively participates in the unit staff meetings.
- Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of one (1) year related work experience. Support service experience in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, required.
- Problem solving skills, required.