What you'll do...
About Walmart Global People
Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global People teams to influence strategy, optimize working models and enable the business to achieve results while preserving the fabric that sets us apart and keeps our 1.3M+ associates coming to work every day. By providing the necessary tools and insights, our People professionals operate as partners at every phase of workforce planning, talent management, organizational design and change management. From building communities to preparing Walmart for the future, to be a member of this team is to operate as a vital component to our sustainable success. Together, we think beyond the status-quo and inspire others to evoke positive change. When you join us in Global People, you immerse yourself in our culture, becoming a trailblazer and a true agent of influence.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have strong business acumen and the ability to think systematically and holistically
- You have great listening skills, critical thinking skills, and solution-articulation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- You have a background in workforce planning and/or talent management
- You have PHR or SPHR or GPHR certifications
You’ll make an impact by…
- Managing talent pipelines by assessing talent, developing succession plans, and implementing talent programs; analyzing talent data, tools, and systems to diagnose gaps and identify trends affecting the workforce; providing resources for talent and workforce development; supporting mentorship programs; and leveraging talent to create career advancement opportunities and increase associate retention.
- Collaborating with managers, coworkers, customers, and other business partners to develop, communicate, and execute People strategies and action plans to satisfy business needs; assessing and applying data from numerous sources to guarantee accuracy; tracking plan progress and outcomes; finding and addressing process improvement opportunities; and leading and promoting the use of technology and digital solutions by utilizing and sharing resources, information, and tools, as well as modeling and guiding associates with the implementation of new ways of working.
- Supporting and advocating for associates by modeling Walmart's core values; ensuring that excellence and respect are incorporated into everyday routines, business meetings and communication; encouraging team to lead by example and act with integrity; and resolving and/or reporting any People process breakdowns or issues.
- Identifying customer and operational needs by developing and communicating business goals and priorities; identifying barriers and hurdles that effect plan execution; providing guidance and training resources; measuring plan progress and performance; and establishing contingency plans.
- Owning the talent acquisition strategy for assigned facility, which includes planning, communicating, and delivering recruitment strategies to attract and retain a competent and motivated team by understanding, gathering and actively listening to business requirements, skills needed, staying close to the changes and understanding the market to find a varied pool of candidates; managing recruiting process and advising the business on potential converts and being able to influence the outcomes - conducting interviews, shortlists, feedback etc.; providing a clear point of view on talent prospects, candidate fit, bargaining power and be able to negotiate the best possible results that drives win-win outcomes for business and candidates; and identifying process gaps, recommending solutions that increase process efficiencies.
- Leading the execution of scheduling within assigned facility by evaluating and analyzing scheduling and staffing data to convert into appropriate actions to improve scheduling performance; and driving the Workforce Management strategy to improve associate experiences, retention, and business performance.
- Managing hourly talent review activities by coordinating talent programs and initiatives (for example, quarterly discussions, performance and talent calibration procedures, and annual talent reviews) with the objective of identifying talent gaps, probable attrition, and high potential talent in assigned area; integrating data from talent review meetings into recruitment and workforce planning strategies and initiatives; and making meaningful adjustments to the workforce plan when needed.
- Overseeing the execution of People practices, systems, programs, and policies by ensuring consistent application of policies and programs; comparing program results and performance to defined success measures and company objectives; directing managers and teams in the execution of People initiatives; and identifying and addressing execution and communication gaps; and creating action plans to resolve.
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Providing and supporting the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Modeling compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The annual salary range for this position is $48,500 to $65,000
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Sales Volume Category (SVC) (based on facility sales volume)
- Complex Structure (based on external factors that create challenges)
- Academy Premium Pay (for certain roles in stores with Academies)
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, education assistance with college degrees, company discounts, military service pay, adoption expense reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Health
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
Option 2: 6 months’ experience in human resources.
Option 3: 6 months’ supervisory experience.
Successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Human Resources certification (for example, PHR, SPHR), Project Management, Retail-related experience.
7101 E 128TH AVE, BRIGHTON, CO 80602-9101, United States of America