What you'll do...
- Manages talent pipelines by assessing talent, developing succession plans, and implementing talent programs; analyzing talent data, tools, and systems to diagnose gaps and identify trends affecting the workforce; providing resources for talent and workforce development; supporting mentorship programs; and leveraging talent to create career advancement opportunities and increase associate retention.
- Collaborates with managers, coworkers, customers, and other business partners to develop, communicate, and execute People strategies and action plans to satisfy business needs; assessing and applying data from numerous sources to guarantee accuracy; tracking plan progress and outcomes; finding and addressing process improvement opportunities; and leading and promoting the use of technology and digital solutions by utilizing and sharing resources, information, and tools, as well as modeling and guiding associates with the implementation of new ways of working.
- Supports and advocates for associates by modeling Walmart's core values; ensuring that excellence and respect are incorporated into everyday routines, business meetings and communication; encouraging team to lead by example and act with integrity; and resolving and/or reporting any People process breakdowns or issues.
- Identifies customer and operational needs by developing and communicating business goals and priorities; identifying barriers and hurdles that effect plan execution; providing guidance and training resources; measuring plan progress and performance; and establishing contingency plans.
- Owns the talent acquisition strategy for assigned facility, which includes planning, communicating, and delivering recruitment strategies to attract and retain a competent and motivated team by understanding, gathering and actively listening to business requirements, skills needed, staying close to the changes and understanding the market to find a varied pool of candidates; managing recruiting process and advising the business on potential converts and being able to influence the outcomes - conducting interviews, shortlists, feedback etc.; providing a clear point of view on talent prospects, candidate fit, bargaining power and be able to negotiate the best possible results that drives win-win outcomes for business and candidates; and identifying process gaps, recommending solutions that increase process efficiencies.
- Leads the execution of scheduling within assigned facility by evaluating and analyzing scheduling and staffing data to convert into appropriate actions to improve scheduling performance; and driving the Workforce Management strategy to improve associate experiences, retention, and business performance.
- Manages hourly talent review activities by coordinating talent programs and initiatives (for example, quarterly discussions, performance and talent calibration procedures, and annual talent reviews) with the objective of identifying talent gaps, probable attrition, and high potential talent in assigned area; integrating data from talent review meetings into recruitment and workforce planning strategies and initiatives; and making meaningful adjustments to the workforce plan when needed.
- Oversees the execution of People practices, systems, programs, and policies by ensuring consistent application of policies and programs; comparing program results and performance to defined success measures and company objectives; directing managers and teams in the execution of People initiatives; and identifying and addressing execution and communication gaps; and creating action plans to resolve.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related field.
Option 2: 6 months’ experience in human resources.
Option 3: 6 months’ supervisory experience.
Successfully complete all job required trainings and assessments.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Human Resources certification (for example, PHR, SPHR), Project Management, Retail-related experience.
3010 E 23RD ST, FREMONT, NE 68025-2479, United States of America