Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Performance Improvement Manager today with Galen College of Nursing.Benefits
Galen College of Nursing, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Performance Improvement Manager. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated 13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Manager of Performance Improvement SWAT Team is responsible for leading hospital-based multi-disciplinary teams to specific business and financial objectives. The Manager is responsible for recommending process and cost efficiency solutions and collaborating with the Clinical and Subject Matter Specialists (SMSs) regarding specific courses of action. This position directs multi-disciplinary teams using a defined performance improvement methodology. The Manager manages the set-up of hospital-based team meetings, supplies teams with relevant data, and engages team members throughout project life cycle. This position regularly updates the Site Lead regarding progress and any roadblocks to success. This individual should possess excellent communication skills, proven motivational capabilities, and a demonstrated track record of delivering results and attaining goals.
- Facilitates multiple teams; including the collection, dissemination, and organization of meeting tools, data, and assignments.
- Analyzes comparator and benchmark data to make cost and process efficiency recommendations in line with facility or team financial objectives.
- Collaborates with other HCA facilities, divisions and corporate departments to disseminate process improvement Best Demonstrated Practices for achievement of team goals.
- Participates in updating the Performance Improvement toolkit and other process improvement methodologies for departmentally focused engagements in areas such as Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy, Therapies, specialized nursing units, and support services.
- Directs and maintains project work plans.
- Serves as a liaison between Site Lead and hospital team members.
- Develops strategic documents, such as: communication plans, detailed project plans, and project updates/presentations.
- Manage projects to ensure smooth execution of newly implemented processes.
- Designs meaningful and realistic action plans for the implementation of process improvement ideas.
- Escalates issues to Site Leader as necessary.
- Master the use of the PI toolkit for all phases of performance improvement projects, including at a minimum:
- Portfolio Development Phase - Cost and Clinical Benchmarking Tools, Interview and Assessment Tools, Standard Data Reports
- Design Phase - Ideas Database, Team and Team Leader Training Materials, Meeting Templates, Steering Committee Meeting Tools
- Implementation Phase - Tracking Tools, Idea Follow-up Meeting Minutes
- Builds and maintains strong, effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders across HCA.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
· Facilitates “Rapid Design” sessions in order to lead teams in brainstorming sessions on identifying new cost savings and process improvement ideas.
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
· 3-5 years work experience with some relevant work experience required
· Experience in performance/process improvement including proven success in implementation preferred
· Experience within healthcare operations required
· Must have extensive PC skills including spreadsheets, databases, and presentation applications.
· Must have strong analytical, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· 30-35% travel required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patients family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Performance Improvement Manager opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.