Save JobCH Employees
Click Here to Apply
Phlebotomist (Internal Position) Facility:Good Samaritan University Hospital Location:West Islip, NY Department:Lab Outpatient Category:Direct Care / Aides Schedule:Part Time, With Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift:Day and Evening shifts- Hours:Varied ReqNum:*****
Good Samaritan University Hospital is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Phlebotomist is responsible for collecting adequate and correct blood specimens by venipuncture or micro technique on adults, children and infants within the hospital, including outpatients and patients in remote locations.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Certification from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians preferred.
• Six months experience in all phases of Phlebotomy desired
• Prior experience in a hospital environment preferred.
• Weekends and holidays as scheduled. Excellent interpersonal skills required. Strong customer focus.
• BLS or CPR/AED training required and accepted from only 2 organizations: 1. American Heart Association - BLS/ACLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program . 2. American Red Cross - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. No online programs from any organization will be accepted.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Click Here to Apply