About This Role
As a Physical Security Operations Center Analyst 1, you will be responsible for working in the Ace Security Operations Center (located in Oak Brook, IL), which is the centralized hub that manages security and safety issues on an organizational and technical level related to Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, and people safety. All field security / and life safety systems are now tying into the Security Operations Center. The Analyst will supply nationwide support to include our Oak Brook, Woodridge offices and all distribution sites. Our security teams have a presence in the main entry ways of our buildings.
What Youll Do
- Security & Safety - assist Physical Security Officers (PSO) & contract Security Officers in ensuring that we provide a great customer service experience to all our employees, visitors and guests of our campus; to include Woodridge. Assist in monitoring lobby areas for the front-line team (PSOs and Contract Security Officers) so they can focus on providing a helpful front-line experience during standard business hours .
- First Aid / CPR & AED - assist or be a back-up when responding to first aid, CPR or AED needed situations. At this time our PSOs and contract Security Officers are the primary first responders. The Analyst, once fully trained would be a backup first responder OR will cover the lobby desk while the PSO / Contract Security Officer is away.
- International Travel Safety & Security (ISOS) - Monitor employee travelers and provide situational awareness as it relates to local protests, civil unrest, media, political climate, and severe weather. Analyze weekly travel security reports ensuring travelers who may be traveling to high risk locations have sufficient resources and are prepared responsibly. Encourage the use of the "Tracker" system and provide reports to Ace users to promote the use of the tool more consistently.
- Badging and Credential Management - The analyst is responsible for creating and managing the credentials and clearances for our Oak Brook and Woodridge sites. In addition, the analyst will work with all distribution sites to assist in creating, managing and training sites on credential practices. Analyst will also assist in creation of dashboard reporting of exceptions and follow up.
- System Maintenance - coordinate with IT and partner integrators to make sure that upgrades, patches and hot fixes are applied to all software programs tied into the SOC. Analyze health check reports on all systems and become the central channel for receiving security technology related issues from all Ace locations
- Investigations Support - the analyst will assist in compiling the necessary CCTV (video) on investigations OR as needed related to activities in the distribution centers; such as pilferage cases or any type of security or safety incident.
- Access Control / Alarm Systems Oversight - review access reports for all locations and report on after-hours access that is NOT within the normal operating hours for our Ace locations. Review CCTV footage of access and report to management and / or follow with each location to ascertain reason for off hours access
- Crisis Management / Hurricane & Situational Awareness - the Security Operations Center (SOC) will be a central hub for incoming information and / or managing of crisis situations. The Analyst - SOC would keep a timeline of events, record details and send out updates and communications to keep the message consistent and accurate. This could also be our Hub for reporting major accidents with our Traffic Fleet. This position would work closely with Communications team
Who You Are
You love downloading and analyzing information and are passionate about details and problem solving. You actively seek out new technology and skills to assist in driving key business decisions. You are self motivated, detail orientated and thrive on collaboration.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED. Preferred would be associates or Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice or related field.
- Security Operations Center - preferred some experience working in a Security Operations Center preforming similar duties as those outlined above. Preferred would be two years reporting/analysis experience (as an Analyst) and/or customer facing experience OR a combination of one-year reporting/analysis and/or customer facing experience and two years of college education.
- Heavy Customer Service Background - we are looking for highly motivated people who are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively, and to determine proper course of action to be taken.
- Corporate security experience preferred in a Headquarters type company OR one with regional or multi-site responsibility.
- CPR/AED/FIRST AID certification from a national recognized source required OR must be willing to obtain certification with 90 days of hire.
- Strong computer skills, (Windows 10, Teams, Sharepoint, Power BI, , Outlook, multi-screen CCTV, Visitor Management Systems, Everbridge, Travel Security Platforms, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (phones and computer based programs are main source of communication)
- Ability to work flexible shifts and locations and assist, where needed.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- CCURE 9000 or similar access control and credential management software experience
$71000 - $81000 Per Year
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You dont often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address lifes necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability - up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term disability ) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 21 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and up to 6 paid holidays depending on the month of hire
- Company Car, phone and fuel card are provided for field-based positions
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. Its a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering an annual Ace Cares Week, 20 hours off work per year to volunteer at an organization of your choice, opportunities to help Childrens Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review
- We know the work environment matters. Thats why Ace holds frequent campus events like Employee Appreciation Week, vendor demos, cookouts, and merchandise sales
- We bring them to you! Services such as mobile spas, auto maintenance, car wash and detailing, dry cleaning, dentists, eye doctors, flu shots, recycling and more!
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you havent, but wed like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of Americas best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individuals education, training and experience, the positions work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.
Associated topics: fiduciary, financial advisor, financial product, financial professional, investment analyst, merchant service, merchant service solution, payment, payment management solution, treasury