We are looking for a candidate whose thought process aligns with our core values, which are Respect, Integrity, Empowerment, Customer Service, Innovation, and Teamwork.
The ideal candidate, will work each day with dedication and passion along with therest of the team members and work towards achieving our Vision, which is to be the most trusted, respected, and innovative company in the rental... housing industry
We have an opening for a Porter/Housekeeper to join our Dynamic Kent WA, team. If you are looking for a great career and not just another job in the Property Management industry, we want to hear from you today!
Position Summary: Keeps the community in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies.
• Relays information to supervisor regarding the property or operations which might constitute a physical or liability hazard.
• Maintains physical upkeep of the community, vacant units, and/or boat slip bathrooms and common areas.
• Cleans surfaces, appliances, furnishings, floors, walls, windows, and bathrooms in vacant units and common areas, including interior hallways, elevators, laundry rooms, walkways, stairwells, mailbox areas, carports, model, office, fitness room, etc. on a daily basis.
• Cleans and performs odor control of trash areas.
• Paints common areas as needed.
• Reports supply needs to Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Technician in a timely manner.
• Participates in monitoring and replacement, if required, of the common lighting area.
• Attends 100% of training, company events, and educational activities.
• Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas.
• Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes the floor. Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Dust furniture and equipment.
• Polishes metalwork.
• Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
• Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
• Transports trash and waste to the disposal area.
• Replenishes bathroom supplies.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Cuts and trim grass.
• Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
• Sets up tables and chairs in the auditorium or hall.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school education preferred; or up to one-month related experience or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Other Qualifications: Ability to function effectively in a customer service environment. Ability to complete scheduled, routine tasks quickly and efficiently, without supervision. Familiarity with the safe use of basic tools and chemicals.
Computer Skills: None
Certificates and Licenses: None Supervisory Responsibilities:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); works in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions; risks of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33,280.00 - $37,440.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
• Housekeeping management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location