- TITLE: Pre-College Academy Math Instructor
DEPARTMENT: University College
REPORTS TO: Director of Pre-College Academy
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 28, 2022- July 31, 2022
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Seasonal
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The instructor will develop the curriculum, teach, and complete student evaluations. The instructor is to assist program participants with their transition from high school to college, coupling curriculum, and learning skills to support student success.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Teaching English or Math courses as defined
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach 1-2 hybrid English or Math courses for summer bridge participants
- Host and encourage student usage of virtual office hours.
- Serve as a campus liaison, communicating and/or referring students to appropriate campus partners.
- Encourage course mastery by introducing students to concepts, learning skills, and study strategies to support scholastic achievement in the related course.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identify texts and curriculum to create a course syllabus to be used during the summer.
- Evaluate student progress and evaluate student preparedness for related coursework.
- Expose students to campus resources and strategies to support student success.
- Submit weekly reports on assigned students.
- Attend and participate in training and end of the summer banquet.
- Positive attitude, reliable and self-driven.
- Minimum Qualifications: Applicant must have a Master’s degree in Mathematics/English or a related field from an accredited institution of higher education at the time of appointment.
- Preferred Qualification: Experience teaching with a diverse student body.
- Required Documentation: Applicants must submit a letter of application including graduate transcript(s) and curriculum vitae
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics or English
- Demonstrated teaching ability and capacity to communicate effectively with a diverse student population.
- Experience working with underrepresented, first-generation, and/or low-income students from urban areas.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- This position requires working in an office and/or classroom setting.
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.