About this role:
Wells Fargo Auto's Digital Product & Innovation Team is looking for a Principal Product Designer who will support our continued evolution to a customer-centric product framework. This role is responsible for establishing the creative strategic direction of consumer-facing business as part of the Shop My Car journey within Wells Fargo Auto. You will drive immediate and long term goals by assessing current and future state and establishing the action plans to execute. You will serve as an advisor to leadership on new research and key initiatives for consumers and dealers, as well as develop and influence business and technical solutions across PDI, Technology and Enterprise teams, as assigned. This leader will lead creative product design strategy for highly complex initiatives and deliver solutions that require vision, creativity and innovation, including new digital products.
In this role, you will:
- Leverage subject matter expertise to lead product discovery and visualization.
- Create compelling experience journeys that align customer needs, business direction and technology solutions.
- Ensure that the team utilizes strategic insights, including qualitative and quantitative data, throughout the discovery, design and test cycles of feedback.
- Drive for resolution of the most complex and significant challenges with the digital Auto product set
- Requires vision, creativity, innovation, advanced analytical, and inductive thinking, and coordination of highly complex activities and resolution
- Provide vision, leadership and industry expertise regarding new products that significantly influence the organization's business and financial operations
- Be a creative thought leader with all levels of professionals and managers companywide
- Create and leverage feedback channels to prioritize and develop product design that solves for immediate needs but scales to meet the end-to-end vision
- Use subject matter expertise to represent the auto initiatives at Enterprise level events and collaboration opportunities.
- Collaborate with teams on initiatives that have high visibility, impact, high risk or significant scope, cost, and benefits
Required Qualifications, US:
- 10+ years of UX, UX Design, UX Research roles or Website Design experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience in leading design in UX engagements that was customer focused
- Past experience in digital product teams preferably in an agile environment
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to create compelling design strategies and stories in collaboration with the team
- Skilled at creating compelling visualization of digital solutions through prototyping
- Ability to running collaboration sessions
- Proficient in a number of creative and visualization tools including virtual whiteboarding (Figma/ Figjam, Miro), Invision, Indesign, Axure, Sketch etc.)
- Proficient in graphic programs to work in concert with visualization tools (i.e. Photoshop, etc.)
- Able to create low and high fidelity comps
- Experienced with researching and staying current with modern UX design
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Auto industry experience
- Experience with journey mapping and creation of personas to inform design and product development strategy
- Proven ability to utilize data to inform strategy and design
- Experience leading a team in identifying, evaluating and addressing risks, issues and action items as related to role
- Establish productive, positive relationships with key stakeholders amongst cross functional stakeholders groups, leverage those relationship to advocate and influence to encourage collaboration
- Ability to travel domestically
This role will need to sit in a posted market (Charlotte, NC; Irving, TX; Raleigh, NC & Chandler, AZ) and has the flexibility to work from home twice a week.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.