This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/jobs/***** The Printer Operator is responsible for the setup, adjustment and maintenance of coater decorator and related equipment.
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOPs and work instructions, especially for Lockout/Tagout, Chemical Handling, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Check machines. Analyze types of mechanical or operational troubles and plan for and take corrective action to maintain quality.
- Make changeovers or conversions by setting up assigned equipment for change in material, size or product.
- Check, test, and measure product for quality specifications. Examine for visual defects.
- Replace worn or damaged parts.
- Retime machine action.
- Operate, repair, clean, lubricate equipment, as required, to maintain production.
- Clear jams.
- Check varnishes, coatings, inks, lubricants, supplies, and add or change materials. Request or obtain additional quantities of supplies.
- Examine, test, and measure product from assigned equipment for quality specifications using appropriate gauges and instruments and record data.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance inspection of assigned equipment, report findings and take appropriate action.
- Notify supervisor of any incidences of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of any poor-quality material or supplies noted.
- Operate equipment and assist as directed.
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Mechanically inclined, familiar with hand tools
- Familiar with proper handling of chemicals/solvents.
- Previous printing experience preferred.
- Basic dry/offset printing skills/knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot litho/printing press issues
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
KEY JOB COMPETENCIES/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to bend and rotate body repeatedly
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors/fumes and loud noise
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds, push/pull 500 pounds drums with hand truck
- Ability to work multiple machines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to climb stairs frequently.
- Able to visually differentiate colors
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and night shifts
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Pay starts at \$26.28/hour with daily overtime after 8 hours!
12 hour schedule with 4 days on/4 days off
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world\'s leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then, we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with yearly revenues of approximately \$7 billion. Today, we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
Did you know....
- Ardagh produces many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
- Metal and glass packaging we produce are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
- We produce more than 160 million containers per day across the country?
- Ardagh Metal Beverage North America produces more than 15 billion cans and can ends annually?
- Approximately 75% of aluminum ever produced is still in use today?
- Aluminum cans, with 73%, have the highest recycled content among all beverage containers?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and has a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what\'s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
Ardagh Group North America has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, creed, religion (including religious dress and grooming), color, national origin, ancestry (including association, affiliation, or participation with persons or activities related to national origin, English-proficiency or accent, or immigration status), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, age, veteran or military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination against any employee or applicant based on any of these factors is prohibited.
For more information on Ardagh Group, visit www.ardaghgroup.com.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago