Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Private Mortgage Banker (SAFE) in Consumer Lending as part of Home Lending. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Produce high quality jumbo residential mortgage loans that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines
- Participate in soliciting residential mortgages from various sources and produce high quality loans which are compliant and provide excellent customer service
- Responsible for the offering of loans, negotiate terms, and take applications for a dwelling-secured transaction within the Private Mortgage Banking Sales functional area
- Build relationships focused on affluent borrowers with realtors, builders, financial professionals, bank stores, past customers, and other non-traditional sources
- Interact with customers to understand their needs and provide them with a high quality loan service
- Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
- Provide information regarding the loans to consultants and functional colleagues
- Present recommendations for producing loans and exercise some independent judgment while developing understanding of Private Mortgage Banking Sales functional area, policies, procedures, compliance requirements, and generating loans
- Continuously pursue Wells Fargo training offerings to increase knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
- 2+ years of Private Mortgage Banking Sales experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Documented retail residential mortgage fundings over the past 12 months referred primarily from established, local, external sources
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Mortgage industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of sales prospecting and generating referrals
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Customer service experience
- Experience working with high net-worth clients
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- Completion of formal position specific training programs
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.