The Procurement Specialist is responsible for prudent purchase of commodities, equipment, services and contracts and follow-up with suppliers to assure compliance with prices and deliveries as promised. Provides telephone assistance and information as requested by Health System departments and vendors.
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to develop a cooperative working relationship with a wide variety of Medical Center personnel and vendors when placing, expediting, verifying orders, and resolving purchasing discrepancies. Relates favorably with others.
• Able to calculate discounts, and prepare cost savings reports requiring the use of mathematics.
• Able to negotiate with vendors to obtain the best value for money expended.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to make sound and accurate judgments in emergency situations. Must treat all vendors with equal justice. Must be tactful when dealing with vendors and user departments.
• Must have familiarity with computerized purchasing systems including basic keyboard skills (40-50wpm), spreadsheet and word-processing
• Must possess a minimum computer competency comprised of working knowledge of Windows or comparable systems (specifically including keyboarding and mouse skills).
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence, diversity and inclusion.
Job ID: 4902093881238205026