- Join a Company with Over 100 Years in Business
- Join a Leader in Modern Manufacturing and Service Integration Industry.
About Our Client
For 100 years, This Company has been dedicated to making candy. Only the finest, freshest ingredients are used in making each recipe. We add no preservatives to our candy. It's quality you can taste in every piece. American made, famous for deliciousness, with the friendliest customer service - since the 1920s.
Today, you can choose from over 100 different candies and chocolates, whether you are shopping with us online or visiting one of our iconic shops (where every visitor still gets to try a piece, it's our treat!). Founded and headquartered in California, this candy company has expanded from one candy shop to over 230 shops across America, as well as a flourishing online shop. Our growth happily continues. Our commitment to taste, quality, tradition and service steadfastly remains.
Direct supervision of all production staff including training, development and performance management of all supervisory and hourly employees. Develops, enforces and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and training programs for skilled (bid) positions. Manages in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement and See's policies.
- Responsible for all activities of the candy making processes in plant. Manages the quality, cost, productivity, planning and implementing the production schedule.
- Responsible for all the ERP (JRG/ROSS) transactions including but not limited to scheduling for products, supplies and ingredients, inventory levels and production reports. Ensures supply of product to Packing Departments and sales channels across the company.
- Responsible for compliance with See's Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety, and Production policies. Monitors formula and procedure adherence. Oversees operational practice to prevent food contamination. Provides technical guidance during plant operations including shutdown and startup to minimize production losses.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with environmental regulation, including federal, state and local ordinances; maintains all necessary documentation.
- Supports implementation of new methods, procedures and systems to improve quality and food safety. Responsible for leading Food Safety and Quality efforts with the designated Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner Responsible for execution and adherence to pre-requisite programs as well as food security/defense program.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum five years of management experience in a confectionery or quality food-manufacturing environment, including inventory control, cost analysis, quality assurance, and control of process and product flow from raw material to finished goods.
- Excellent management and oral and written communication skills. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, motivation, and supervision to employees at all levels.
- Bachelor degree in business, biological sciences, or food-related discipline or equivalent training in food and management disciplines desired.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel. Experience with ERP or production scheduling software systems desired.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K