Located in Beautiful Wolfeboro, New Hampshire\ \ Starting pay \$18.00
**\$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
**SUBJECT TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS**
About PSI Molded Plastics:
PSI Molded Plastics (PSIMP) is a plastic injection molding manufacturer with over 30 years in the plastics industry. PSIMP specializes in complex, high volume, quality molded products for the automotive, appliance, and furniture industries. PSIMP is focused on customer satisfaction, quality, and continuous improvement with the goal of becoming a world-class plastics manufacturer.
PSIMP recognizes that people are the companys greatest asset. We are committed to our established Guiding Principles to help build a culture where our team members enjoy coming to work every day. You arent just a number here at PSIMP, youre a valued, appreciated, and respected part of the Team.
The Press Operator is responsible for operating the machines and equipment used in the manufacturing of plastic injection molded product in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP), including visual inspection, trimming, recordkeeping, packaging and labeling. While performing the duties of this position, the Press Operator is responsible for maintaining a high degree of quality, safety and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for operating one or more presses per shift, including operating manual presses within quoted cycle times.
- Read and adhere to the information in the Process Operating Manual (POM) including the Point and Touch and any temporary work instructions.
- Complete the press sign in sheet at the start of every shift or after starting a new job.
- Perform the essential functions of the job within safety, quality, productivity, and performance standards as defined by company policy, procedures, and applicable work instructions.
- Perform in-process visual inspection of all parts in accordance with the requirements stated in the POM or as otherwise stated per company quality standards.
- Calibrate and use scale to weigh parts as required by POM.
- Operate and use all tools safely including cutter, knives, etc.
- Document rejected products in IQMS and attribute/SPC charts on an hourly basis.
- Identify, properly contain and label scrap/purging.
- Properly and safety use grinder to re-grind parts according to work instructions.
- Reporting any out-of-control conditions to the Shift Lead or Quality Auditor.
- Perform any secondary processes.
- Package and label products accurately as directed in the POM.
- Perform rework as necessary.
- Operate machines as assigned and assist co-workers at other workstations as needed.
- Clean the machine and surrounding work areas to ensure the housekeeping and safety of the plant.
- Participate in continuous improvement and safety initiatives.
- Complete and pass all required training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience required for the role.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
- Experience working in injection molding or manufacturing, preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and scanning equipment, preferred.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently.