University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing, Office of Research and Scholarship
Professional Research Assistant / Senior Professional Research Assistant (Open Rank)
Position #***** - Requisition #28036
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons. Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado - that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu.
The CU College of Nursing is seeking a part-time (0.75) to full-time (1.00 FTE) Professional Research Assistant (PRA) for several reproductive health projects.
The first project is a longitudinal study exploring how restrictive and uncertain immigration and health policy shape immigrant young adult's reproductive goals. We will follow 50 Latina young women for 18 months using qualitative in-depth interviews and quantitative surveys.
The second project is a community-based participatory research study exploring young people's access to and experiences with abortion in four different states. We are conducting qualitative interviews with young people who had or considered an abortion.
The strongest candidates will be committed to reproductive health and justice, have a background in public health, health and behavioral science, psychology, sociology (or a related field), and have experience with both quantitative and qualitative methods (including relevant software).
The start date is as early as January 1, 2023.
This position reports directly to Kate Coleman-Minahan, Assistant Professor, with the College of Nursing.
This PRA will be expected to:
- Assist with overall project management, including but not limited to institutional review board submission and amendments, managing participant reimbursement, updating budget and assisting with community partners with invoicing, scheduling meetings and meeting minutes, and providing logistical support to community partners and/or advisory board members
- Coordinate and manage data collection, including assisting with instrument development, leading recruitment, screening, and scheduling interviews
- Manage survey data collection and data management
- Conduct and manage in-depth interviews, including quality assessments and analysis of quantitative data
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of research and correspondence activities for assigned projects
- Navigate institutional and governmental research administration policies and, procedures, including support related to IRB, FDA, and HIPAA regulations
- Manage relevant software and database applications
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $37,000 to $53,000 for a 1.0 FTE annually for the Professional Research Assistant level (PRA).
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $49,000 to $69,760 for a 1.0 FTE annually for the Sr. Professional Research Assistant level (PRA).
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at *****/a>?.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Professional Research Assistant (PRA)
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in public health, nursing, anthropology, psychology, sociology, or a related field.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific 1 year of experience.
Sr. Professional Research Assistant (Sr. PRA)
- A master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Preferred Qualifications (Applicable for All Ranks):
- Demonstrated experience (professional or volunteer) and/or or education related to reproductive health equity and justice. At least one year experience as a professional research assistant or has other research related experience. Experience working with immigrant communities and/or underserved communities. Experience utilizing verbal and written bilingual skills (Spanish/English) at a conversation level in a professional setting.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work. Passionate about reproductive health, equity, and justice. Ability to develop collaboration with inter-professional colleagues and provide cross-coverage for peers when needed. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to critically think and problem-solve to achieve program objectives. Ability to build strong working relationships with commitment to support and advance diversity, equity, and inclusion. Accountability and integrity. Fundamental knowledge of clinical, public health, or social science research. Excellent project management, organizational, and time management skills.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20468 - CON-DEAN ADMINISTRATION
Posting Date: Nov 4, 2022
Unposting Date: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: College of Nursing HR Posting Contact Email: *****/a> Position Number: *****
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency