Come, “Explore with us” in Utah and/or Idaho and surrounding areas as a Project Geotechnical Engineer with a focus on Transportation! Terracon's 100% employee-owned, very well-established intermountain region including Salt Lake City and Boise offices have been in the A/E/C market since 1980...
The successful Project Geotechnical Engineer for this opportunity will support transportation projects primarily throughout Utah and Idaho and at times, other areas across the country! As an employee-owner you will be a part of our transportation focused geotechnical team working across the intermountain west. Projects include major freeways, interchanges, bridges, and parkways. These are high profile projects that get recognition throughout our nationwide company. You will be working with an established transportation team which will be able to help with mentoring a strong group of professionals in the Salt Lake City, Boise, and intermountain areas. Our overall geotechnical team consists of approximately 10 engineers and additional supporting field staff. This position will allow you to grow/refine your skills to work on large projects while working with and mentoring various staff.
Provide geotechnical engineering and consulting services for regional transportation related projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related geotechnical engineering reports for geotechnical transportation services. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works and transportation sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrating safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
• Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
• Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
• Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects.
• Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design and/or investigative approach for a major phase of a large project or have overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of moderate scope.
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinates engineering work involving transportation and conventional engineering practices but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements.
• Good writing skills and ability to develop detailed and comprehensive geotechnical engineering reports.
• Provide review of projects requiring complex and innovative investigation techniques and supervise the analysis and formulation of recommendations in written reports to clients; provides technical review of reports.
• Lead technical training and make informed decisions based upon state-of-the art technology issues.
• Provide leadership of marketing, sales and business development.
• Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
• Serve as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience.
• Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
• Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Salary Range: $69900 - $108400
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status