Are you excited about the prospect of being a key member of an agile software development team delivering solutions that are used by thousands of employees world-wide to perform critical job functions that keep freight moving around the globe? If so, then you could be the person we are seeking!
The Project Manager (PM) will take on the role of Scrum Master for our Document Management Development team. This team is part of the Strategic Investments Group within the Operational Experience Portfolio. This group is focused on benefiting our branch operations teams by supporting and enhancing critical digital products that are used thousands of times a day, and by incubating and building technically innovative solutions to meet our users emerging needs. The PM will communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders throughout the Program Increment (PI), maintain and execute the PI plan, and help raise awareness and mitigate risks.
The PM will direct the day-to-day activities of Analysts, Engineers, Developers, and other IS personnel for the duration of the PI. The PM is responsible for ensuring committed work and the flow of value is optimized for the agile team they manage.
- Coaches the team in adoption of SAFe/Agile core values, principles, and practices
- Leads the team in self-organization to deliver quality working software with predictability, efficiency and velocity
- Facilitates and conducts team SAFe ceremonies: daily stand-up, iteration planning, iteration review and iteration retrospective.
- Provides metrics for the team and ; leadership (e.g. capacity, planned/actual velocity, story point burn down)
- Removes impediments and provides visibility and/or escalation to leadership
- Fosters a positive and productive environment within the Agile team
- Monitors sprint/iteration work closely, proactively manages dependencies to help ensure committed work is delivered on time
- Keeps team organized and focused
- Promotes a mindset and focus on relentless and ; continuous improvement
- Understands the context and status of each feature and story in the PI plan
This position is office based and will sit in the Seattle, WA area.Qualifications
- Ability to successfully navigate and execute within ambiguous and stressful situations
- Strong communication and execution capabilities
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and activities, particularly Scrum and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experienced problem solver, strong collaborator, and able to provide organization and clarity around complex topics
- Assertive personality; action and outcome driven mentality
- 1-3+ years of experience in related field (i.e., project management, software development, IS or Agile leadership, etc.)
- 1-3+ years Project Management or Scrum Master experience
- SAFe Scrum Master certification or similar
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile teams to deliver results with tight deadlines
- Ability to actively inspire, coach, mentor, and motivate
- Well organized with a keen attention to detail
- Continuous learner; receptive to feedback, with a desire for improvement
- Servant leader
- Understanding of the transportation/logistics industry
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.