Aveshka is seeking Public Health Program Analysts to support CDC's Center for Preparedness and Response (CPR) or other CDC Centers, Institutes, or Offices engaged in public health preparedness and response functions under a newly awarded contract vehicle. CDC CPR provides strategic direction, leadership and agency-wide coordination enabling CDC and its stakeholders to prepare for and respond to public health threats using an all hazards approach. A critical function of the CPR is its ability to convene key CDC stakeholders and provide the operational infrastructure needed during an emergency event. Responsibilities
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Engage with CDC partner and external organizations as appropriate to inform public health preparedness programs
- Advise on-going strategic management and planning for public health preparedness, including engagement with federal, state and local agencies as/when directed by CDC officials.
- Assess complex problems and barriers to improvement and/or enhancement of CDC preparedness programs and activities; recommend and assist in implementation of problem resolution strategies and actions
- Analyze information, discern relevant and critical points that impact the organization.
- Develop proposed organization responses to critical areas of concern.
- Ability to review and synthesize information and data into recommendations, presentations, and key issues.
- Coordinate and manage controlled correspondence, Congressional inquiries, GAO or OMB requests or audits, and Freedom of Information Act requests.
- Apply general knowledge and experience in Emergency Support Function (ESF) #8 Public Health and Medical Services.
- Develop operational needs, operating plans, develop logistical and operational support needs for response events.
- Work across public health organizations to garner support, exchange information, solicit recommendations, synthesize information, develop pros/cons for positions, and develop policy/position papers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of work experience related to the job description
- Knowledge of public health preparedness and emergency management practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS) through completion of basic FEMA certifications (desired).
- Familiarity working in remote office and/or multiple customer locations
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capabilities
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client servicer and response.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Aveshka is a professional services firm focused on addressing our nation's most complex threats and challenges. As a small business we're committed to supporting our clients' missions with services delivered by our diverse and experienced staff. With expertise in cybersecurity, emergency preparedness, and public health, our experience base spans federal, state, and local governments, as well as private sector entities.
Aveshka encourages collaborative communication and ongoing learning. Some of our benefits include:
Aveshka is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
- Extensive training programs
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Technology benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid time off and much more!