At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages purchasing/material planning activity to ensure timely delivery of material to support production operations
- Serve as an escalation point with buyer/planners to resolve issues effectively and in a timely manner
- Manages changes in supply chain requirements (including supplier transitions/product modifications)
- Ensure that Purchasing/Planning Team is trained and effectively utilizing ERP tools
- Ensure that Purchasing/Planning Team is utilizing Allegion Standard Work and Material Playbook
- Chion Lean for Purchasing/Materials Planning functions
- Identify gaps and drive solutions, including metrics on supplier performance
- Plan for the development of the staff by organizing training sessions
- Participate in projects related to new or revised material launches at facility
- Perform timely, cost-conscious procurement of production/inventory/MRO items.
- Receive and analyze requisitions to determine quantity, specifications and delivery requirements.
- From approved supplier list, recommend and select suppliers to fulfill scheduled plant deliveries.
- On-boarding of new selected suppliers relative to material planning.
- Review that optimal inventory levels and safety stock are maintained for their parts and work with the Inventory Business Analyst to recommend changes
- Ensure up-to-date ABC classification is maintained for planning, and other key inputs into the PFEP process
- Ensure optimal inventory levels and safety stock are maintained for their parts
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance to resolve quality issues with suppliers.
- Maintain proactive shortage identification and management - help flag root causes and ; corrective actions.
- Identify total cost and cash flow opportunities with suppliers.
- Expedite deliveries to meet and exceed scheduled critical requirements.
- Maintain material plan at the time fence to ensure continuity of supply.
- Coordinate with production planners for solutions when parts cannot be delivered as promised.
- Maintain and continuously evaluate supplier performance and escalate to Procurement when issues occur.
- Ensure resolution of invoicing discrepancies with suppliers and accounting.
- Analyze material availability to provide customer promise dates for sales orders.
- Manage Supplier owned / Vendor managed inventory to meet schedules.
- Interface with required functional groups to resolve challenging delivery requirements.
- Communicate forecasts and replenishment plans to supplier.
- Review open requirements, monitoring vendor performance and expediting where necessary. Ensure that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed to the supplier and resolved in a timely manner.
- Productivity: identify and implement cost reduction/productivity projects to meet the corporate initiatives/goals. Maintain pipeline and financial records for reporting and tracking productivity
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because were required to, but because its the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
(c) Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer