QC Concrete Transportation Inspector
Date: May 18, 2023
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 97898
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : Yes
The CQC Concrete Transportation Inspector plans, directs and coordinates all on-site Quality Control (QC) activities for concrete paving operations to ensure compliance with applicable company, owner, and government regulations and requirements. The CQC Concrete Transportation Inspector is responsible for implementing the Plans and specifications. Supports production personnel to ensure quality services. Develop, lead and maintain a team quality control working environment. Establish and maintain good working relationships with Government Inspectors/Contacts (CORs), QC Inspectors, Delivery Order Managers, Superintendents, Owner, Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Implements and enforces the Quality Control Plan. 2. Ensure daily site inspections required from Plans and Specifications are performed. 3. Attends the partnering meetings, QC Plan Meetings, Coordination and Mutual Understanding Meeting, conducts the QC meetings. 4. Participate and coordinate with QC Manager on the implementation of (3) three phases of control. 5. Work as a team with other QC personnel that perform the laboratory testing personnel and other inspection and testing personnel required by the Contract. 6. Prepare submittal, ensures compliance with the plans and specification required by the Contract. 7. Prepare Daily CQC report and submit to QC Manager. 8. Responsible for maintaining SJC project documentation required as related to Contract Manager QC procedures. 9. Participate in the update and maintenance of a submittal register for each project. 10. Documents all non-conforming work and corrective action to be taken and submit to QC Manager. 11. Verifies correction of non-conforming work and submit to QC Manager 12. Disseminates Quality Control Plan, issues and objectives to all production personnel 13. Verifies that required inspection and reporting is performed. 14. Responsible for submitting Requests for Information if they find conflict on plans and specification or actual site condition and submit to QC Manager.
- Obtain a passing grade on the written inspection examination; and 2. Obtain a passing grade on the written plans reading examination; and 3. Fulfill the requirements in ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician I as follows: a. Be currently certified as an ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1; or b. Have been certified as an ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 at one time; or c. Pass the current ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 written exam within one year of passing the inspector exam; and 4. Possess at least one of the following qualifications
10+ years field experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Job Segment: Construction, Transportation, Inspection, Engineering