Are you excited about the prospect of being a key member of an agile software development team delivering solutions that are used by thousands of employees world-wide to perform critical job functions that keep freight moving around the globe? If so, then you could be the person we are seeking!
The Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) will on our Document Management Development team. This team is part of the Strategic Investments Group within the Operational Experience Portfolio. This group is focused on benefiting our branch operations teams by supporting and enhancing critical digital products that are used thousands of times a day, and by incubating and building technically innovative solutions to meet our users emerging needs. The QAE will communicate effectively with team members to create test strategies and test cases, both manual and automated. The QAE will also work with a Developer in Test to design and support automation test suites as the team works to develop new and improve existing applications.
- Create strategies to identify, replicate, and test defects across multiple applications and code bases
- Test and validate changes to target applications
- Coordinate quality assurance manual and test planning activities
- Work with developers to establish proper test coverage
- Drive improvements pertaining to project requirements and applications design
- Verify new build functionality and quality before releasing to end-users
- Reproduce reported bugs and demo to the team
- Review log files to determine if applications are behaving as designed
- Partner with Developer in Test to build, refine, and prioritize automated and manual test suites in alignment with program vision and roadmap
This position is office based and will sit in the Seattle, WA area.Qualifications
- Understand the requirement gathering process
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute test strategies and test cases, and report defects
- Demonstrated ability to assess and ensure quality, and analyze risks
- Experience with automation tools
- Communicate effectively to different audiences
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with GIT and other common industry testing tools (Cucumber, IntelliJ, Kafka, Docker, Selenium/Webdriver, Jmeter, SoapUI, Protractor, TestCafe, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GitLab Runner)
- 2+ years experience writing and maintaining automation tests
- Proficient with at least one major programming language and Windows/UNIX/Linux systems
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile teams to deliver results with tight deadlines
- Understanding of the transportation/logistics industry
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.