Job Location: Dental Services - Downtown - Seattle, WA...
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Admin - Clerical
Are you looking for a way to use your gift to help others? Do you have a heart to come alongside others who are trying to improve their lives? Do you want to work for a company that's made it on the Best Christian Workplaces 2 years in a row? If so, we want to talk with you!
As the Dental Receptionist, you will be providing support to the Dental Clinic director to ensure the efficient operation of the office. In addition, this position is responsible for performing administrative duties, file/report management, calendar maintenance, and overseeing the dental clinic front desk and volunteers.
Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.
• General administrative duties; receive calls, do a phone screen of dental issues, direct callers to other resources, arrange appointments, and input patients to the waiting list.
• Follow mission COVID Protocols, and collect/record all data, including vaccination cards from volunteers.
• Create email correspondence with staff, file medical records, transcribe, and maintain databases.
• Sound knowledge of dental terminology
• Proficient in dental practice management software (Eaglesoft)
• Maintain the proper process of Income Verification Screening.
• Manage online Volunteer Sign-Up calendar and time sheets for the end of the month stats.
• Data entry of all stats for the end of the month reports.
• Maintain the Dental Clinic calendar and scheduling, including interacting with external and internal clients to coordinate appointments.
• Maintain an atmosphere most conducive to safety, dignity, and cleanliness.
• Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to model transparent and supportive Christian relationships.
• Interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
• Attend and participate in all Mission meetings and training, as required.
• Any other job-related duties as assigned by Director.
Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Qualifications & Experience
• An Associate Degree is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. A combination of education and four years of relatable experience may be substituted.
• Three years of experience working in a social services or rescue mission setting. One of those years must be in a Case Manager role
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time in a temperature-controlled environment. Requires frequent use of computers, keyboarding, and talking on the telephone. Occasionally stand, balance, twist, bend, stoop, kneel and reach with hands/arms. Regularly lifts up to 20 pounds and walks using stairways to climb to multiple floors within the facility. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
COVID – 19 Protocol
Per King County, we require that everyone wear and mask while at any Mission facility (unless eating or drinking), practice social distancing and temperature checks are required prior to entering any facility.
Per Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.1, employees at Seattle Union Gospel Mission for the following locations: KentHope, Hope Place, and Dental must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or be approved for a medical or religious exemption prior to being allowed to work