Denver’s Recreation Division operates 30 recreation centers offering affordable facilities, programs and activities to residents and visitors year-round.Active Older Adults (AOA) programming engages adults ages 50+ in wellness, exercise and leisure activities that support healthy aging. AOA programming includes outdoor excursions, luncheons, clubs, arts classes and other drop-in activities.
Denver Parks and Recreation is seekingActive Older Adults Recreation Instructors to call bingo, drive the bus for trips, and assist the coordinator with other AOA programs.
Job duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist full-time staff in planning and implementing programs
- Maintain a safe, fun, and trusting program environment for all participants
- Work directly with recreation center staff to aid in facilitation of programs
- Execute instructional plans using prescribed and accepted teaching methods for group and individual instruction
- Evaluate and communicate student/participant progress to all appropriate staff
- Review completed program participant evaluation tools, using findings to increase program and instructional effectiveness
- Assist in the organization and coordinating of special events
- By position, performs various tasks to provide program administrative support
- Drive bus to transport participants on trips
This is a part-time position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. This position will likely include evening and weekend hours.
We are looking for passionate and caring individualswho are looking to make connections and foster the well-being of our active older adults’ community. Additionally, our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience in facilitating and/or assisting in the day-to-day operations of an organized recreation program
- Experience in working directly with older adults (ages 50+) in recreation programming or a related field
- Willingness to obtain authorization in order to drive an Active Older Adults participant transport vehicle (Mini-Bus)
We realize that your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you meet at least the following minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience: One (1) year of experience in assisting in the operation and instruction of organized recreation activities
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
- Licensures/Certification(s): Requires certification in CPR/First Aid within 6 months of hire Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
About Everything Else
CA2583 Recreation Instructor
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$15.87 - $23.81
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.