The Regional HR Leader is responsible for providing business leadership and functional expertise in human resources to multiple Roofing manufacturing plants.
The Regional HR Leader will be an effective change agent who works to positively engage the workforce at all levels within the facilities. This is a key position in the region, responsible for managing and delivering HR strategies and tactics, inclusive of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Training and Development Pillar (T&D), talent acquisition, performance management, and succession to engage employees and develop talent capable of delivering business results.
The position reports to the Director of HR, Roofing Global Operations, and is a key member of the business HR team. The role also has dotted line reporting accountability to the Site Leaders.
- Lead and support all safety initiatives and promote our culture that all accidents are preventable.
- Develop meaningful safety objectives that fosters zero injury and loss and demand same of others.
- Effectively communicate Safety strategy and performance to employees that engages them toward achieving our zero-loss objective.
- Lead, coach and teach leaders to create an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation systems.
- Fill openings with highly competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotion and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance as well as longer-term succession needs.
- Invest in the growth and development of direct reports, partner groups and in self.
- Ensure the HR staff in your plants possess the requisite knowledge, skillsets, temperament, and servant-leadership capabilities to maximize effectiveness.
- Provide T&D Pillar support to each plant T&D Pillar Leader
- Ensure an HR strategy exists in each plant that supports Division and Corporate objectives
- Improve plant organizational results by measuring and assessing performance, diagnosing problems and implementing highly effective solutions.
- Remain keenly aware of plant HR Analytics and drive administrative excellence.
- Be a champion for I&D in the local site, regional plants and throughout the business through the thoughtful execution of corporate programs and partnering with plant NLTs to promote and ensure a culture of equity.
- Lead efforts to develop local programs and initiatives that are suited for the local plant populations
- Leverage understanding of turnover data and stay interviews to develop a plant-specific retention strategy that limits turnover and enables succession and development
- Play a lead role in supporting business diversity talent reviews as well as reviews of plant talent
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and the business to ensure diverse interview slates and interviewers for all roles; identify gaps and implement plans to adjust
- Lead business impacting key initiatives and projects for the Roofing Operations group
- Be a key resource and member to enterprise projects i.e. Future of Work, major systems rollouts, etc.
- Identification of areas of need and leading regional and plant-focused initiatives/projects to solve critical talent issues
- Develop project leadership expertise of HR leaders on their team and coach them through smaller project leadership
- Develop a reputation and operate as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Site/Plant Leaders and Plant NLT members. Contribute on plant strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coach formal and informal leaders to build their Leadership Capabilities for Growth and to develop their conscious consistent application of plant policies.
- Continuously improve assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Provide support that ensures TPM is understood as how we get things done.
- Lead change, action and results through effective change management practices
- Assess team performance and facilitate appropriate interventions proactively.
- Implement organization design that enables plants' strategy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HR regulations and contractual language where applicable to manage risk appropriately.
- 7-10 years progressive HR generalist experience providing support and coordinating resources for multiple manufacturing plants-Union experience highly preferred depending on the plants assigned
- Leading results effectively/collaboratively through others.
- Implementing plant-level strategy for a human resources function.
- Attracting, developing and retaining exceptional talent.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources management or a related field is required. Master's degree in business, human resources or a related field preferred.
- Experience in a TPM, Training and Development creation and deployment, World-class Manufacturing or Lean manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Business acumen: Demonstrates understanding of the financials and metrics of the business. Shows appreciation for, understands and balances the needs of employees with the needs of the business.
- Current knowledge of best practice human resources processes and tools
- Excellent communication - written and oral - including presentation skills
- Experience developing strategies and programs that promote equitable work environments
- Ability to travel 20-30%
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses - Composites, Insulation, and Roofing - provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders, and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit .
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.