Job DescriptionJob Description
There is no such thing as a routine day at Athena Ag. Our culture is On Fire -- obsessed with being the best, operate with genuine care, fanatic about delivering excellent customer service, unprecedented integrity, resourceful, and energetic. Every Athena team member plays an important role.
Our company is young. We keep growing and getting better every single day. We are not entrenched in 150-year-old corporate processes and structures. Every associate has the opportunity to be heard and influence positive change.
What do we do? We manufacture and distribute agricultural products. Athena stands for quality. With our agricultural products, we want to make sure our customers have the perfect run -- from seedling to flower. Join us in our quest to be the market leader not just here in the U.S. but worldwide.
A Regional Sales Manager manages and oversees the company’s sales activities within a specific
geographic area. They are responsible for managing and developing a team of facility advisors to drive
business and revenue growth within a defined geographic territory.
- Recruits department staff in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Oversees the department’s workflow.
- Initiates disciplinary action in accordance with policy.
- Assists with onboarding activities.
- Provides leadership throughout the region, overseeing facility accounts and retail accounts.
- Reviews and analyzes regional sales and operational records and reports.
- Uses statistical data to project sales and profitability.
- Collaborates with other departments and senior management to develop measurable sales attainable sales strategies.
- Identifies new markets and opportunities.
- Manages, executes, and monitors the sales budget.
- Provides market planning and regional sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Supports the use of CRM technology.
- Trains the sales force in sales strategy, cross selling, pitch calls, elevator speeches, handling objections, persuasive speech, lead conversion, warm and cold markets, building rapport, maintaining customer relationships, listening skills, and closing strategies.
- Facilitates training in product knowledge and application.
- Attends trade shows and related events to promote company products.
- Directs weekly team meetings to discuss strategy and progress.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior management and leadership skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Organized and strong attention to detail.
- Must be a problem-solver.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 8+ years of demonstrated experience in commercial sales, sales management, sales training, and/or business development.
- 5+ years of industry relevant national sales experience.
- Must have significant industry experience including, but not limited to, products, growing practices, sales strategies, trends, and industry customer networks.
- A working knowledge of and experience with CRM tools (e.g., ZenDesk, Copper).
- Proficient in MS Suite and ERP systems (preferred: NetSuite).
- No territorial restrictions.
- Must provide proper evidence of U.S. work authorization.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to perform the following physical tasks: sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, walking, bending, twisting, reaching, performing repetitive motions, climbing stairs and ladders, and carrying boxes.
- Must be able to lift to 15lbs at a time.
Other Key Facts:
- Job Type: Full-Time. Exempt. Salaried.
- Open Positions: 1
- Primary location: Jacksonville Beach, FL
- Base pay starts at $100K/year.
- Plus commission.
Athena Ag is an EEO employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace. Athena provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Powered by JazzHR