Who we are:
Since the opening of our first Oak Cliff office in 1967, Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics (JDO) has been a trusted oral healthcare provider for thousands of families with 70+ offices throughout Texas and Oklahoma. In 2019, we further solidified our connection to the Dallas-Ft. Worth community by becoming the Official Dentist of the Dallas Mavericks. Go Mavs!
Throughout 55 years, we’ve focused on one key idea: our care changes people’s lives. Our hygienists are crucial providers in our offices who deliver life-changing care to each patient. In just 3 months, we have proudly become the largest employer of dental hygienists in the state of Texas. Join us on our quest to become the best dental practice in the U.S.!
We take a comprehensive oral healthcare approach, integrating general dentistry, hygiene, and orthodontics, which helps our patients and team to live better lives and allows our providers to thrive!
With the latest technology and talented, caring team members, we strive to earn our patients’ trust and build lifelong partnerships. Every member of our team works together to provide the best possible patient experience, and we never stop improving and growing.
JDO is setting out to change everything that’s wrong with the dental industry. Are you with us?
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with a general dentist and orthodontist (if applicable) to develop a comprehensive treatment plan that improves our patients’ lives
- Use the latest technology, including the iTero 3D scanner, to identify, diagnose and educate patients on their specific conditions and needs
- Educate patients on oral health conditions and how they impact overall health, including gingivitis and periodontal disease
- Educate patients on restorative needs and demonstrate customized oral hygiene instructions, including take-home product recommendations (fluoride, Sonicare, etc)
- Extraoral and intraoral head and neck exam, including oral cancer screenings
- Comprehensive dental charting and periodontal charting for proper diagnosis
- Expose and interpret dental radiographs (digital)
- Remove biofilm, toxins and hard deposits both sub gingival and supra gingival including prophys, gingivitis therapy and gum therapy using Arestin
- Apply of Fluoride varnish and sealants
- Educate patients on nutritional needs and smoking cessation
- Passionate about patient care: You put the patient first and treat them as if you would your own family.
- Friendly: You truly enjoy your job and building rapport with your team members and patients. Making patients feel calm and comfortable is one of your strengths.
- A team player: You enjoy collaborating with others to provide the best possible experience for your patients.
- Eager to learn/Adaptable: You’re open to growth, learning new things, and you’re always focused on improving your craft. You easily adapt to a change in direction or changing priorities.
- An expert communicator: You communicate easily and effectively with your team members and your patients. You know how to explain things in a way your patients can understand.
orthodontists who emphasize the importance of hygiene for optimal health and well-being. * Hygienists ARE Providers: Work WITH a dentist, not FOR a dentist. Assisted hygiene ensures you can focus on patient care, not taking x-rays and cleaning rooms.
- Competitive Compensation: With all the training and resources provided, our hygienists can earn $130k+ annually with no income caps. Our base rate starts at $55/hour + up to $10k bonus per month.
- Mentorship & Growth Opportunities: Our industry-leading program and hands-on support allows our hygienists to learn rapidly with a safety net.
- Schedule Flexibility: We give you the freedom to choose a schedule that fits your lifestyle, and we don’t set specific procedure times you must adhere to.
- New Grads welcome!
- Regular company contests, with the chance to earn gift cards, meals, etc
- Growth and advancement opportunities for leadership roles
- Vacation and PTO
- $25,000 of Company-paid Life Insurance
- Health benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Supplement Life Insurance for you or your dependents
- Coverage for Accidents, Critical Illness, Identity Protection
- Team Member Assistance Program
- Graduate of Accredited Dental Hygiene Program (Associates degree minimum, Bachelors preferred)
- Active Texas RDH Licensure
- Current CPR certification (AHA preferred BLS with AED)
- Nitrous certification
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and patient care