Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility)
Are you an experiencedOperating Room (OR)RNwho is seeking greater exposure to a diverse service portfolio? If so, then this is the job for you! We are seeking a Clinical Nurse II (RN), Arringdon ASC. Discover Opportunities for a Lifetime at Duke Health!
The Duke Ambulatory Surgery Center is a brand-new, state-of-the-art facility located in the Duke Health Center Arringdon in Morrisville, N.C. The center has four operating rooms, four procedure rooms and an overnight unit for extended post-procedure observation if needed.Recently, the Duke ASC Arringdon was accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Accreditation distinguishes this center from many other outpatient facilities through its adherence to rigorous standards of care and safety. We are proud to have met the challenge of accreditation and intend to consistently uphold the principles of quality improvement in patient care.
Learn more here:
Shift: PART-TIME, two 10hr shifts - 6:30am-5pm OR two 8hr shifts - Monday Friday; 7am -3:30pm with flexibility for later start times as needed; no weekends, no holidays, no call.
Highly Preferred: Experience in Ophthalmicor Orthopaedic procedures
The ideal candidate has the ability to lead effectively in a matrixed organization requiring high levels of collaboration, sound judgment, and significant operational and practice management expertise. Plus, as a leader, you are expected to demonstrate a high level of responsibility, ethical practice, sensitivity to a diverse patient population, adherence to legal and regulatory requirements, and have knowledge of:
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with physician orders and established policies and procedures. Use professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to care.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the environment of care including equipment and material resources.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Act as preceptor and support the development of other staff and formal learners.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational performance improvement opportunities and in performance improvement activities.
- Graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
- At least 1 year of experience in clinical nursing practice.
- Experience in Ophthalmicor Orthopaedic procedures
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Must have current or compact RN license in the State of North Carolina.
- AHA BLS certification is required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideasan exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Associated topics: care, care unit, ccu, coronary, intensive, intensive care unit, maternal, psychatric, registered nurse, surgery