DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 3
Shift Details: 36-hour night RN, your choice of 3-12hour shifts or 1-12 and 3-8 hour shifts, every other weekend, every other holiday, ADN required with BSN preferred.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess patients and to identify physical, psycho-social, cultural, spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care to the patient.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel consistent with their licensure, level of education, and expertise to meet patients' needs and maximize staff performance.
- Participates in activities for professional growth and development outside of patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
CT RN license required prior to start date.
required, BSN preferred.
BLS certification required within 60 days of hire.
acute care experience preferred.
Graduate RNs will participate in a year-long Nurse Residency Program (NRP) with
a curriculum proven to improve decision-making competence and confidence, nursing
leadership and critical thinking skills, and provide a higher-level of overall
support during the time of transition to professional practice.
Residency Program offers monthly seminars that will compliment nursing
orientation and the unique training provided to Registered Nurses in our
various units across the hospital.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford
HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and
growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge –
helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters.
And this is your moment.