Remote Telephonic Care Manager - New Mexico - July 2021 at TimeDoc Health - Remote in New Mexico Dreading your long commute tomorrow morning? Annoyed by the constant in-person requests that interrupt your work day? Are you ready to be in an environment where you can help care for patients while also earning bonus compensation for completing patient calls and achieving quality standards? Well, look no further because we have the job for you! TimeDoc Health has built a vibrant remote community of health care workers who are making a difference in the lives of Medicare patients. The most exciting part? Our nurses and medical assistants get to do what they love - taking care of patients - with the convenience of working out of their home office. You'd be joining our current staff of almost 100 Care Managers in a culture and environment that values patient care and recognizes employees for the great work they do. Simply put, while you make a difference in patients' lives...a career at TimeDoc can make a difference in your life. TimeDoc Health is one of the nation's largest providers of care coordination services to medical practices and community health centers. We are looking to add Remote Care Managers
to our growing team of TimeDoctors, and YOU could be our next great addition. We help our clients deliver truly continuous, coordinated care by enrolling their chronically-ill Medicare patients into CMS's chronic care management (CCM) program and providing them with monthly care coordination services. In 2015 we started with 0 patients and 0 medical practices. Fast Forward 5 years later, we have scaled our platform to nearly 50,000 enrolled patients across 100 medical practices and are on pace to reach 100,000 patients by the end of 2021. Are you ready to have a huge impact on thousands of patients' lives? Apply now to get started! #BecomingATimeDoctor Your responsibilities will be:
- Conducting telephonic wellness check-ins on the patients of your assigned practice or practices. You will spend 7-8 hours a day on the phone with patients, practices, pharmacies, etc. to ensure that your patients are getting what they need between office visits.
- Creating a personalized care plan for each patient you call on, in coordination with the practices and providers you support.
- Working to identify social determinants of health, gaps in care, and eligibility for assistance or other referral services for each of your patients. You will coordinate and collaborate with the practices' providers, clinical and office staff, and other community programs and resources to address all of these effectively.
- Utilizing motivational interviewing and solution-oriented approaches to empower patients to take charge of their own wellness in the context of their care plan.
- Making approximately 30-50 phone calls a day to yield the 12-16 patient interactions necessary to complete 20 minutes of CCM service for 10-14 patients a day.
- And doing all of the above while maintaining your patients' privacy, confidentiality and safety, and adhering to ethical, legal, and accreditation/regulatory standards at all times.
- 1-2 years healthcare experience as a Certified/Registered Medical Assistant with active certification
- Technology experience - preferably with multiple EMR/EHR systems, but at a minimum familiar with Microsoft Office and GoogleSuite products and comfortable learning new software quickly
- You will be the voice of our company, on the frontline speaking with the patients, so you must be:
- highly professional on the phone;
- able to maintain a compassionate and engaging tone even with distrustful or unhappy patients;
- quick thinking to respond in the moment to patient questions and needs, with strong critical thinking skills to ask appropriate follow-up questions and prioritize what you learn from patients;
- someone who enjoys working with a wide variety of personalities.
- You must be able to work 40 hours a week, where you will be speaking to patients on the phone, staring at a computer screen, and sitting or standing at a desk for 8 hours a day.
- You must have a home office set up that will allow you to speak privately and maintain confidentiality with patients. If you live alone, that could be your living room, but if there are any other people at home with you while you are working, you will need to be in a room with a door that shuts. Please note that this role is not compatible with being the caregiver for young children or dependent adults during your scheduled shift - your focus must be entirely on your patients and your patient interactions must be private.
- We will provide you with a company laptop and all of the software you need to make patient calls and do your job, but your home office set up must also include:
- a second monitor (so that you can have multiple windows open with different software and resources all available at the same time);
- fast and reliable internet, ie, Internet speed equal to or greater than 25mbps; please note that satellite Internet service is not sufficient for this role
- You must be highly self-motivated, organized and able to work independently - you will be held to a high standard of quality and productivity for work that you are doing on your own.
- At least 6 months in a Call Center environment is a plus
- Experience serving a geriatric population is a plus
- Case management or care coordination experience is a plus; practice triage experience is also very valuable
- Experience working in a collaborative, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment is ideal
- Ever-growing benefits - health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, paid holidays, floating holidays, 401K, phone/internet reimbursement, and much more coming soon!
- A devotion to empowering our family of TimeDoctors and helping them grow - We aren't here to give you just a job. We are here to help you build a career.
- A culture that will have you coming back for more - From online spirit week, to chat rooms filled with cake recipes, we've built a vibrant community that allows workers to connect on a personal level from their home offices.
- A team of TimeDoctors that believe in the GROwth mindset - Grit - having a passion & perseverance for long-term goals; Results - focusing on delivering tangible results for our patients, clients and business; Openness - providing our employees with an environment that is transparent and open in communication.
- A passion for the world of medicine and tech.
- A mission that you can believe in - helping keep patients healthy and out of the hospital is why we do what we do.
TimeDoc Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TimeDoc Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.