Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit .
Participates in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for business applications. Responsible for middle-tier implementation and integration with backend databases. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Participates in the development of software user manuals.
- Lead team of engineers in the design, development, and maintenance of software code for business applications.
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
- Performs maintenance, installations, upgrades, and other technical duties associated with the support of product applications platforms and/or product systems platforms.
- Responsible for top-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify internal business systems.
- Works with Project Managers and Business Analysts to produce project delivery estimates and manage the transition from analysis through to design and delivery.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates to and work closely with project managers to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
- Define and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Excellent knowledge of basic computer network procedures.
- High-level knowledge of product applications platforms and/or product systems platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project leadership abilities.
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Understanding of infrastructure design for complex enterprise level applications.
- Ability to understand design and communicate effectively with Infrastructure, Network and server operations team in building complex enterprise level applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 7+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
Pay Range: $86,180 - $139,000
This hiring range is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the salary range of possible compensation at the time of the posting, and is subject to change. The actual compensation offered will be determined by various factors, which may include a candidate's education, training, experience, and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.