Respiratory Therapist **** Sign-on Bonus **
: Columbus, GA
Respiratory Therapist Responsibilities
- This position is with a 375-bed hospital located in southwest Georgia.
- Part of Larger Healthcare System
Respiratory Therapist Requirements
- Plan, prepare, and administer respiratory therapy treatments including IPPB, aerosol, chest physical therapy, incentive spirometry, sputum inductions, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance. Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatment.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders.
- Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) in the State of Georgia Licensed Respiratory Therapist in the State of Georgia
- One (1) year of formal training/intern experience
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
The hospital offers aggressive compensation commensurate with experience and Sign On bonus
Job ID: 4221830273436780239