Opportunity: Restaurant Expediter
Ensure all food is prepared at the appropriate time and delivered to the correct guest in a timely and efficient manner.Potential Career Path
Restaurant Server – Restaurant Captain – Restaurant ManagerEssential Job Functions
- Serve as primary point of contact between front-of-house and back-of-house
- Receive order tickets from servers and call them in to kitchen
- Ensure all allergies and dietary restrictions are highlighted on order tickets and communicated to kitchen staff
- “Fire” courses with chef at appropriate time
- Direct food runners when to pick up dishes and where to deliver them
- Ensure food runners have memorized table and seat numbers for every dish leaving the kitchen
- Ensure all plates leaving the kitchen meet Chef’s standards for presentation, freshness, and temperature.
- Ensure all plates leaving the kitchen were prepared in adherence to any dietary restriction or food allergy noted on the order ticket.
- Ensure no dish leaves the kitchen unless it is part of a complete order to ensure courses are delivered completely and simultaneously.
- Manage flow of dinner service for all tables, including private dining, ala-carte dining, and multiple-course tasting menus
- Run food to tables as needed
- Ensure anyone delivering food to a table is able to authoritatively describe the dishes they are delivering
- Ensure the Expeditor station is appropriately stocked at all times, with items such as plate wipes, Sharpies, thermal printer paper, highlighters, and side towels
- Be aware of and enforce all restaurant policies and procedures
- Be aware of and enforce all Forbes and LQA policies and procedures
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience required or equivalent training.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule may vary and will include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
Source: Hospitality Online