This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/*****
This position offers the opportunity to work indoors & outdoors with team members while supporting the agriculture industry. This position also offers an AMAZING & VERY COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE including health, dental, vision & life insurance; flexible spending account; 401(k) matching and Coop retirement benefits; and paid leave benefits (including parental leave).
Kanza Coop is looking for a Rig Operator at the Zenith location to efficiently and accurately apply chemicals and fertilizer and provide maximum service to customers.
As a Rig Operator, primary responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates basic knowledge and understanding of all chemicals, fertilizers and their abilities
- Loads and unloads fertilizer and chemicals
- Leads tender truck drivers
- Processes treatment of seeds
- Responsible for anhydrous ammonia inventory and maintenance
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on all agronomy equipment
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days of the week, shifts and hours per week (including overtime as needed)
- Provides excellent customer service by managing difficult or emotional situations, responding promptly to customer needs, resolving questions, complaints, and concerns immediately and meeting commitments
- Completes all paperwork accurately, timely and in accordance with requirements
- Maintains and promotes safety awareness and follows safety policies, procedures, and reporting requirements
A successful Rig Operator will have a familiarity with agronomy and related equipment, have a Custom Applicator’s License (1-A), and enjoy serving people and building relationships within the Kanza team and our community of patrons.