RN - Pre-Op
|Location||Bloomington, Illinois, 61705|
Job Description:The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Assists and collaborates with physicians, Anesthesia personnel, and OR Staff in providing a safe, positive, and efficient experience for patients and families.
- Accountable for ensuring patients are prepared and ready for their scheduled procedure time. Proactively addressing patient needs and requirements for surgery to minimize patient delays.
- Rooms Patients:
- Brings patients to room
- Assist patient with undressing and putting on gown
- Obtains V/S
- Provides instruction and assistance on CHG bath if applicable
- POC testing on patients (glucose and urine pregnancy)
- Provides direct patient care:
- Initiates IV therapy as ordered
- Administers medications as ordered
- Patient Assessment
- Provides discharge instructions
- Ensures all necessary documentation is present prior to patient going to OR.
- Prepping of patients prior to going to OR.
- Works collaboratively with Child Life specialists as needed.
- Assist Anesthesia when performing nerve blocks, Epidurals or Intrathecal.
- Discontinue IV
- Ambulates patients to bathroom prior to discharge
- Performs bladder scans if patient is unable to void post op
- Proficient in:
- Arterial and central line maintenance
- OptiFlow oxygen management
Job ID: 1921581817865147889
Bloomington, Illinois Jobs
Registered Nurses Jobs