RN - Program Coordinator - Occupational Medicine
|Location||Gibson City, Illinois, 60936|
Job Description:The Employee Health Program Coordinator works collaboratively with management and administration to promote and maintain the health and safety of Carle employees by facilitating various employee health programs. The position involves the coordination and oversight of annual surveillance programs, to include; employee and community flu clinics, annual TB skin tests, and annual respiratory mask fits. Monitors the CDC website for updates, creates and updates Employee Health protocols, creates and maintains the Employee Health and Flu Clinic websites, counsels employees exposed to diseases, prepares various reports for committees and government agencies, and participates on Safety, Infection Control and Immunization Committees. The Employee Health Program Coordinator is a high profile position with internal and external communication, as well as media coverage.
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvement and performance initiatives to support and improve care management/coordination.
- Actively pursues self development and professional growth by keeping abreast of new healthcare technology and practices. Applies new knowledge in the work setting and shares new learning with other employees.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Acts as a role model/resource for others by providing guidance and clarification regarding policy, procedure, documentation, computer system operation and patient care needs.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Assesses, identifies and reports safety issues for patient and staff.
- Assist manager with functions related to accreditation & regulatory surveys including but not limited to: meeting preparation, rounding/auditing, standards research, and data collection.
- Assist Quality Services with ensuring clinical guidelines and protocols are developed and systematically maintained.
- Collaborates with staff and managers to identify quality improvement opportunities.
- Fulfills a leadership role by taking responsibility for monitoring and developing efficient daily work flow for assigned service line.
- Participates in development and implementation of standards for departments.
- Participates in staff interview process and provides feedback / recommendations.
- Prepares, maintains and evaluates reports and records.
- Resolves work related issues, or assists employees in solving work related issues, confers with manager to resolve more complex situations.
- The Employee Health Program Coordinator works collaboratively with management and administration to promote and maintain the health and safety of Carle employees by facilitating various employee health programs:
- Coordinate, implement and oversee annual surveillance programs, to include:
- Annual Employee and Community Flu Clinics
- Annual Respiratory Mask Fits
- Annual TB Skin Tests
- Administrative and Operational Activities:
- Monitors the CDC website for updates on immunizations and protocols.
- Creates and updates Employee Health protocols.
- Creates and maintains the Employee Health and Flu /clinic websites.
- Acts as a resource and educator regarding occupational / employee health, regulatory agency rules, regulations, and standards related issues.
- Communicable Diseases:
- Promotes disease identification and prevention within Carle by collaborating with Infection Control regarding infection control practices.
- Assists Safety Officer and Infection Prevention with employee accident investigation and prevention.
- Performs essential job functions of a Registered Nurse for employees who have been exposed to communicable diseases, and blood and body fluid.
- Counsels employees exposed to communicable diseases.
- Prepares various reports for committees and government agencies.
Job ID: 7298779246397884286
Gibson City, Illinois Jobs
Occupational Therapy Assistants Jobs