As an employee of The Charles Hotel, you will benefit from having access to Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance starting from $1.16* weekly, travel benefits across multiple brands, a complimentary daily meal, $5 discounted daily parking, $500 referral bonus and advancement opportunities. In this role as a Safety & Security Guard, you are responsible for providing protection to... our hotel guests, employees and our property. You are also responsible for providing guests with a sense of comfort and well-being by maintaining a level of visibility. *Rate is subject to change.
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
• Certificate of Completion in Safety and Security Training (must comply with State requirements)
• CPR First Aid and Heimlich maneuver certified preferred but not required.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with The Charles Hotel standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
• Comply at all times with The Charles Hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Answer phone and dispatch in a timely manner in addition to demonstrating proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other Associates; maintain radio contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor at all times.
• Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on property walks.
• Maintain and review daily activity log.
• Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and Associate incidents.
• Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and end of shift.
• Open secured areas for authorized personnel; checks ID of visitors/Associates as necessary.
• Maintain an awareness of legal limitations of position (i.e. local ordinances state ordinances etc.).
• Assist guests to their rooms or help guests enter their rooms.
• Investigates room thefts auto accidents/thefts and assault complaints for guests (not for Associates); serves as the first responder partnering with Department Head/Hotel leadership to write the incident report.
• Assist outside agencies as necessary.
• Provide escort.
• Assist HR/MOD with responding to Associate altercations.
• Assist with intoxicated guests.
• Be knowledgeable about hotel and guestroom locking systems.
• Respond to security alarms and monitor TV cameras (CCTV) (if applicable).
• Challenge suspicious persons.
• Conduct rounds checking for safety hazards checking lights and door locks and picking up items left on the property.
• Assist during medical emergencies administering First Aid/C.P.R/Heimlich maneuver as necessary.
• In partnership with Department Head/Hotel leadership completes Incident/Accident Reports in a clear and concise manner.
• Receive deliveries; deliver requested items to guest rooms as needed.
• Assist Front Desk with Express Check-outs and newspaper delivery as requested or applicable to the needs of the Hotel.
• Works special functions attends meetings and/or performs other duties as required.
• Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Source: Hospitality Online