We are looking for sales engineers who are sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best.
As a Zscaler
, you and your Regional Sales Managers will be responsible for helping clients transform their network and application access approach by presenting the Zscaler platform to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
To accomplish this, the sales engineer must have a strong technical foundation and a desire to set the vision translating business objectives into enticing and actionable solution design. The sales engineer will act as a trusted technical and business advisor to our clients while aiding the customers transformational journey.
Expectations of Sales Engineers:
- You are the technical expert who best understands, articulates and evangelizes the Zscaler approach to transforming the way users access private applications and the Internet.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Your presentations and demos for prospects, partners and customers are crisp, informative, and tailored to your audience, be they executives, architects or operators.
- You will connect with peers throughout Zscaler to learn, contribute, and share best practices.
- You own the technical sales process from stem to stern, working in tandem with your regional sales manager to identify, qualify and scope opportunities, build and maintain account and territory plans, and execute proof of concept engagements as needed to convert opportunities into technical victories.
- Youre constantly building and maintaining strong relationships with key customer stakeholders as well as the reseller partners and internal Zscaler resources who all contribute to the success of your customers.
- Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and 4+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience selling to the enterprise customer. Knowledge of enterprise network security technologies including but not limited to: HTTP and web security technologies, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/TLS, GRE and IPsec tunneling, DNS, load balancing, SD-WAN, VPNs, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions (Gateway and SaaS), detection of Advanced Threats, malware detonation/sandboxing, killchain, and analytics.
- Proven hands-on experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, macOS, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior GPO, Active Directory/LDAP and SSO/SAML experience desirable)
- Practical experience working with routing and switching products, including troubleshooting;
- You have worked with Channel partners and have a solid understanding of a channel-centric go to market approach.
- You understand SaaS based technologies and their implications for the enterprise.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, often under pressure.