Job Title: Sales Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Visa Sponsorship: No
What we do
Exciting pre-sales opportunity supporting company's financial services customers leveraging the latest software and solutions. As a Sr. Systems Engineer you will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale activities within the financial services business unit. You will creatively help solve business problems and communicate these approaches to various client audiences including both IT and business users at all levels of the customer organization.
What you'll do
You will also prepare prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis; develop and present customized demonstrations for accounts; work with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities; plan and implement in conjunction with the Account Executive; and perform other duties as assigned.
You will need to have a demonstrated ability to detect and understand the customer's business needs; articulate the value of our solutions and offerings; and identify appropriate applications, tools, and solutions.
What we're looking for
- White-boarding and/or framing technology architecture for comapny software
Solutions that demonstrates creative skills to use technology competencies to solve business problems.
- Developing and/or present technology presentations
- Developing account strategy and account plan with Account Executive and other sales team members
- Acting in a consultative role to clients, including interviewing clients to capture technical information
- Assisting in the response to RFI/RFP's utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Research competitive landscape
- Delivering analytical Software Solution Demonstrations
- Lead Proof of Concept activities
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related quantitative field, Masters degree preferred
- Seven years of experience in technical sales, pre-sales or financial services information technology
- Three years of programming in a high-level language or developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by company
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate up to 50%
- Work location of Cary, NC or potentially remote on the east coast
- Familiarity with at least one of three major cloud vendors (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Analytics and Model Ops
- Experience presenting technical software/hardware demonstrations
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated project leadership skills
- Ability to relate technical concepts to company system applications and user needs
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a virtual team
- Financial services industry experience a plus but not required
- Python, R, or other open source programming experience
- Experience with Kubernetes, containers and microservice architecture
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment. Professional certification related to area of assignment may be required.
- Typically requires seven to eight years of experience in technical sales, marketing, technical support, information systems, or related area of expertise, including five years of programming in a high-level language or developing company applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by company.
- Specific industry-related experience may be considered in lieu of programming experience for some positions.
- Public speaking experience required.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the life and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn't about fitting into our culture, it's about adding to it - and we can't wait to see what you'll bring.
- We look not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes us such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.