Job Number 22114723
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Central Northwest Sales Office, 9550 West Higgins Road Ste 1100, Rosemont, Illinois, United States
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Drives revenue to achieve Hotel’s topline goals by proactively soliciting all business segments; to include new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads. Focuses on property BT Pricing strategy. Provides property support by coordinating and executing property internal mining efforts. Partners with Leadership to verify competitive sales strategies are in place for the hotel and stay competitive within the market by aligning on sales activities to generate business and communicate real-time competitor intel. Coordinates and executes site inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak room parameters for Property Sales. Pulls through business booked by the Multi-Hotel Sales team, as well as achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Verifies business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Serves as the liaison between the Multi-Hotel Sales and customer throughout the event process. Provides marketing support, in partnership with Shared Services Marketing team, for the hotel to drive revenue by fully leveraging marketing programs at the property that are integrated with the total hotel strategy. Reports directly to Area Sales Leader and works closely with the hotel General Manager. May work with Local Sales and U.S. Account Sales/GSO teams to drive production from targeted high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate business within the represented marketplace.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year college degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business segments (e.g. group, catering, transient); knowledge the hospitality industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales, Marketing and Events Activities
• Works with Area Sales Leader to identify the top accounts of the hotel, determine account deployment structure, identify key buyers within each account, and coordinate efforts to drive demand and pull-through business from the accounts for the hotel.
• Assists Area Sales Leader in identifying share shift targets.
• Verifiess effective and efficient funnel management through available systems and collaborating with Multi-Hotel Sales.
• Manages daily Status Change reports to help close on hotel business and monitor group/event turnovers to be managed on property.
• Partners with Local Sales, U.S. Account Sales/GSO teams to drive production from targeted high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate business within the represented marketplace, to achieve property revenue goals.
• Provides property support by coordinating and executing property internal mining efforts to assigned hotels
• Solicits new business from non-deployed small business accounts, reader boards, and leads sent through internal referral mechanisms.
• Solicits potential new accounts or business opportunities by leveraging business intelligence provided by Sales & Marketing Planning and Support or other third-party data sources to generate leads.
• Utilizes internal lead referral tools (e.g., eProspecting Portal) to solicit new business opportunities and contacts.
• Verifies Hotel has property lead generation program to identify new business.
• Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities, and actualized business when appropriate.
• Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g., solicitations, re-solicitations, account calls, site inspections, new business calls, face to face activities, etc.).
• Conducts customer facing sales activities. (e.g., lunch and learns, social hours, company of the month activities, local industry events, Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities, etc.).
• Prepares all sales and operational staff for upcoming site inspections.
• Coordinates and executes site inspections for all customer accounts as appropriate, including all site inspections/visits at the property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for Remote Senior Sales Executives and out-of-market Senior Account Executives)
• Tracks bookings and leads generated by site visits.
• Captures and updates lead and account information into EMPOWER to help local account development and verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
• Qualifies and maintains non-deployed customer’s long-term business potential and refers customers to market, field, hotel or national sales office, as required.
• Verifies accurate and timely lead turnover to other Sales Channels and partners closely with the Multi-Hotel Sales to ensure qualified leads are entered into CI/TY SFAWeb.
• Leverages MI Leads for Out of Org, Non-Deployed Accounts.
• Presents the hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
• Understands and utilizes all business processes written in support of the sales organization.
• Utilizes negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to uncover new business.
• Acts as liaison between the Multi-Hotel Sales and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event). Makes availability known to customer at all times during this process. Solves problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features (upselling A/V, catering, and other revenue areas) and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders
• Uses all information systems (e.g., CI/TY SFA Web, MRDW, MarRFP-SAPP, Hoteligence, Account Relationship Management (ARM) to research the deployment and value of the accounts deemed important for stakeholder hotels.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) to sell effectively against the competition.
• Communicates trends, opportunities, and market changes to appropriate parties, as needed.
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc.), to optimize sales revenues.
• Supports the Shared Service Field Marketing team to manage the implementation and execution of identified core marketing tactics through collaboration with Hotel leadership. This may include input on Internal and external website updates, audits, copywriting, and pull through property-specific messaging. Verifies eChannels and websites are updated with accurate detail about the property as needed.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiatives/incentives to convert cold leads to warm leads. Tracks weekly activities and relationship to revenue and room night production.
• Sets day-today priorities to complete assigned responsibilities
• Actively participates and contributes to Sales Strategy Meetings as appropriate.
• Adjusts to significant variation in daily workload through independent prioritization.
• Drives revenue from local non-deployed accounts for the hotel represented by proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts, sourcing new accounts, identifying new targets, and re-soliciting past business leads.
• Activate local tactics for deployed accounts to pull-through local buyer needs. Communicate best practices for generating creative revenue opportunities.
• Performs other duties as appropriate to help drive topline revenue.
• Building Successful Relationships
• Leverages deployed account resources to drive and to pull-through business to grow account share for the hotel.
• Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g., Rotary Clubs, RI Social Hours, Chamber of Commerce, etc).
• Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinate follow up efforts.
• Coordinates with Property Leadership to understand needs and priorities of the hotel to identify focus areas.
• Works collaboratively with all sales channels (e.g. the Multi-Hotel Sales, Account Sales and Global Sales) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary, and not duplicative.
• Handles customer care issues and as necessary, refers them to the appropriate owner.
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services customers to obtain and grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of new accounts (e.g., General Manager (GM) Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc.).
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.