Join Land O'Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We're a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We're proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
- Competitive compensation and rewards
- Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
- Powerful savings programs
- Training and career progression
Sales Specialist LPS - Talladega
We're hiring a Livestock Production Specialist to focus primarily on Horse and Cattle feed sales with our partner co-op in the Talladega , Alabama territory. This role focuses on selling feed and all related products that will optimize the cooperative/dealer's market share and savings, improve the cooperative/dealer's efficiency, and help to achieve the cooperative/dealers mission and goals.
Location: Talladega, AL
Your responsibilities will include:
- Calling on Horse and Cattle owners (primary focus being Horse) to evaluate existing feeding programs, and to recommend and assist them with their nutritional programs.
- Selling/consulting at the farm gate (up to 25 farm calls per week) with the end goal of selling Purina products and programs and growing sales and market share. This includes developing new prospects and making sales cold calls.
- Organizing and conducting effective educational meetings/events for 4H clubs, saddle clubs, vets, trainers, lifestyle show clubs, etc. to enhance Purina's brand image, sell product and build store traffic with local co-op/dealer.
- Bachelor's degree in Animal Science or related field strongly desired.
- Candidates with a pending bachelor's degree or candidates without a degree who possess proven sales and industry experience may be considered.
- Previous sales experience desired
- Basic command of making nutritional and feeding recommendations to Horse and Cattle owners in the market.
- Candidate should have an understanding of Horse and Cattlehusbandry, current management practices, and nutritional guidelines, general market, and industry knowledge. Work/life experience in management and care of Horses and Cattle.
- Competent in providing accurate feeding and management recommendations
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Office, plus the ability to be trained on ration balancing software (HerdSmart), Salesforce etc.
Competencies & Other Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with strong organization and time management skills.
- High internal drive, a natural ability for relationship building, and leadership in a team environment.
- Ability and drive to make multiple daily sales calls to customers and prospects operations.
- On farm interaction, in all-weather types at producer facilities for a walk through, and animal evaluations.
- Ability to network in the industry to put producers together to earn additional business and relationships
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Solid public speaking skills
Percentage of travel:
- 15% overnight travel, in addition to daily travel in the assigned geography.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U *****) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.